Just taken delivery of my Lonestar 1x12 Extension Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_Rbnsn

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of my Lonestar 1x12 Extension Cab.

What can I say... before I thought the Lonestar sounded great but lacked a bit of depth and bottom end, but with the addition of the extension cab the difference in sound was immediately apparent. Before I had thought my Lonestar wouldn't hold it's own in a band situation as the sound was too nasal and mid-based but now (although I've not yet had the chance to try it in a band siutation) it has the same balls and depth of sound as my Marshall TSL100 and 4x12. I'll definitely be testing it out with my various bands as soon as possible.

Only problem is I have a Lonestar classic (blue bronco version) and the cab I bought is in the cream/brown colour scheme, but Zilla Cabs have quoted me a good price to get it re-covered in very close matching blue tolex (and I tracked down some of that elusive Lonestar silver grill cloth on eBay). It's a real shame to get it stripped as it's in basically as new condition with no marks at all but I just can't leave it and have it not match the amp itself!

My point is though: If there's anyone out there with a 1x12 Lonestar feeling slightly disappointed with the sound being a bit "thin" or "weedy", get an extension cab!

Why not have the amp's tolex changed? It would look very handsome in cream. I was looking to do that anyways.....even without having a matching cab.

messaboog1e said:
Why not have the amp's tolex changed? It would look very handsome in cream. I was looking to do that anyways.....even without having a matching cab.

I love it in blue!.. each to their own I guess

After months of being unable to get any navy blue bronco tolex for the re-covering I've had it done in black taurus. This way with the blue/silver combo sat on top of it it looks almost like a stand (but a stand that is a 1x12!). Got it back the other day:
248203_214205345266770_108255265861779_728499_4951973_n.jpg

Is that the 23" cab?

I converted from the 1x12 combo to a head and the 27" 1x12 cab, not because of the sound but because of the weight. I never thought the combo sounded thin or ever had trouble keeping up in a mix, quite the opposite actually; the 1x12 essentially sounds the same to my ears, which is a good thing! :) And indeed, when you start adding speakers it gets even better (LOTS better). Congrats!

Not to be a complainer but, I'd like to see a pic of the stack. And yeah, The combo is as full of a sounding rig that any combo can pretty much get. :? That's its reputation. Anyway that is a nice cab you got and I'm sure your gettin some awesome tone now!

plan-x said:
Not to be a complainer but, I'd like to see a pic of the stack. And yeah, The combo is as full of a sounding rig that any combo can pretty much get. :? That's its reputation. Anyway that is a nice cab you got and I'm sure your gettin some awesome tone now!

Will post photos of the complete rig soon, complete with pedalboard

Latest posts

Back