just put el34's from bob at euro in my dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamdesoto

Reaction score
and a 6L6 will never again touch my dual rec. the el34's sound ridiculous!!!!

That sounds awesome. I think I heard the same from ibanez4life though. I think he eventually went back to 6L6's recently.

I had the E-34Ls....loved them for a while, but after the honeymoon, I noticed they sounded VERY sterile....

Went back to 6L6s, and tried my recto with a traditional cab...

There is tonal nirvana.....tubes dont make nearly as much of a difference as a good cab does :D

Its all about change. i pine over el34's for a few months.....then I retube with 6l6's and love those for awile.......its a fun cycle.....

I prefered the EL34 sound in the recto myself but it's fun to go back to 6L6's every now and then.

I've got a RKII and am lucky to have the luxury of having the choices. Speaking of the cabs making a difference, my RKII is a combo and I have a 2x12 cab which I haven't even used! If I may pitch a question to anyone who could help: Will I get a good balanced sound close to a 4x12 because the combo is open back and the 2x12 is most likely tighter and/or punchier?

Back