Just purchased a Recto horiz 2x12!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received mine. I just have to wait my head to arrive this friday. :shock:

Congratulations!!!!! i had mine for over a year now :D .

as you know, it may take sometime to break in those speakers!!!!!

have fun :wink:

salvatruco said:
Congratulations!!!!! i had mine for over a year now :D .

as you know, it may take sometime to break in those speakers!!!!!

have fun :wink:

I bought used so hopefully they're already broken in!

Thanks guys! The cab was once tested so it is practically new. I got it for a good price though.

Great cab man! If you get a chance try some G12t-100's in there. Makes those things feel like 4x12's.

that cab is personally my favorite sounding 2x12 cab Mesa makes. it is just so big/boomy sounding and gives you such good low end frequency response to work/play around with. that cab is what sold me on acquiring the stiletto head actually. Another thing this rec cab is so bass heavy when using it with my legacy amp that i actually have to keep my Bass on 9ish because it will drown out my high end frequencies if i don't

Keep Rockin!!!

Well, I just got done playing for a good bit and I really like this cab now that I've had some time with it. I like it as much as the 3/4 back but for different reasons. The 3/4 back is a little smoother and tame while the 2x12 is more ballsy, aggressive, and wild (not to mention louder). They sound great mixed!

I have the horizontal 2x12 recto cab, and a vertical boogie cab that has 2 different speakers (ported bottom and ability to make the top open).

The vertical is so much better, it's remarkable. I'm going to try and take the casters of the recto cab and see if that helps.. or turn it on it's side so it's vertical.

Either way, i'm alot more impressed with the Mark IV and V through this old vert boogie cab. So much in fact I can understand why some people dumped the FIVE... the cabinet makes a huge difference with this amp.

Back