Just picked up a Road King I

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgarallanpoe

Reaction score
Just picked up a Road King I from my local GC. They made me a deal I couldn't pass up. It was a floor model, and because it was a series I RK they really slashed the price.

Anyway,.... Boogie really made a great amp here. For years I avoided Boogie because I just couldn't dig their clean sounds, and I preferred the EL34 sound of my VHT Pittbull. Well, I can get a great clean from this amp as well as getting about 90% of that EL34 sound I love. Channel 2 is absolutely killer old school Marshall the way I have it set up. I get that smoking 50 watt Marshall sound that Schenker (SP?) gets and I really dig it.

FYI I replaced the tubes and the amp *really* came alive. Here is what I am using.

EL34 - NOS Mullard XF2
6L6GC- NOS Phillips 7581As
12AX7s - NOS Tesla Crossed Swords

WOW, can't say enough about this amp now. I play in a cover band that does a *wide* range of material and this thing can get every sound I need. I would love for this amp to have a bit more clean headroom in channel 1, and I have heard that they have fixed this in the series II RK.

Kudos to Boogie, they hit it out of the park with this one. Nice site here, I am digging the valuable info I have found already.

I have a chance to buy a RK1 brand new for 2k they want to blow it out and make room for the RK2.2. But I wont get a great trade in price for my Triple Rec and the rec does 90% of my tones so im reluctant.

Nice amp!

Back