Just got the new PRE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hey everyone, the studio pre just arrived, and let me tell you, this thing is miNTttttttt, i'm very pleased, ok so i'm going to go play with it! seeya! :lol:

christmas time!

congratulations, i've got a studio pre too and, althought it couldn't surely be the most versatile preamp out there, i'm very happy with it!

Congrats :D

I've heard lots of great things about the studio pre, but have never had the opportunety to try one.
How do you compare it to your mark IV ?

Hey, thanks everyone, now to answer some questions, the mark IV is very versatile, but the pre isn't becuase of the shared EQ, not a big problem in my case, now when I was playing it last night I had it hooked up direct through my G major and into a tascam DP01 recording toy, the first time i experienced true stereo, it was hella sweet but the tone wasn't that good because it was direct, but the cleans were very very clean, and the rhythm section was pretty dirty, compared to the mark IV , I can get the mark IV sounding like a lawn mower but can't get that much gain on this thing, not that I want that kind of gain, it's really cool, can't wait to get a poweramp and stuff, i'll post pictures soon!

Hey, thanks everyone, now to answer some questions, the mark IV is very versatile, but the pre isn't becuase of the shared EQ, not a big problem in my case, now when I was playing it last night I had it hooked up direct through my G major and into a tascam DP01 recording toy, the first time i experienced true stereo, it was hella sweet but the tone wasn't that good because it was direct, but the cleans were very very clean, and the rhythm section was pretty dirty, compared to the mark IV , I can get the mark IV sounding like a lawn mower but can't get that much gain on this thing, not that I want that kind of gain, it's really cool, can't wait to get a poweramp and stuff, i'll post pictures soon! :D

check it outtt
http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1284cw5.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8282/img1284cw5.jpg

Nick_cor said:
Hey, thanks everyone, now to answer some questions, the mark IV is very versatile, but the pre isn't becuase of the shared EQ, not a big problem in my case, now when I was playing it last night I had it hooked up direct through my G major and into a tascam DP01 recording toy, the first time i experienced true stereo, it was hella sweet but the tone wasn't that good because it was direct, but the cleans were very very clean, and the rhythm section was pretty dirty, compared to the mark IV , I can get the mark IV sounding like a lawn mower but can't get that much gain on this thing, not that I want that kind of gain, it's really cool, can't wait to get a poweramp and stuff, i'll post pictures soon! :D

If you utilize the "Auto EQ" setting, the pre will become a lot more versatile as the GEQ will be on only on the lead channel, letting you create more variance in tone between the channels.

Back