Just got the call from Mike B. - my IIC+ is on its way back!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
Got the call a couple hours ago from Mike B. My IIC+ is fixed and on its way back. It needed the caps changed as well as the tube sockets. Mike is a riot to talk to and I shot the stuff with him about some of JP's mods and also asked about getting a couple mods done on my IIC+ in the near future.

By the way, I got an awesome hardwood shell from a forum member here that I'll be putting my IIC+ in when it gets back. Can anyone verify what kind of wood this is? I was told that it was mahogany, but I'm just curious if it actually is. Thanks.

IMG_5789.jpg

If that's one of trickrick's shells then it should be 100% quality and should be whatever he said it is. Btw, it looks gorgeous!

Have fun with your revamped IIC+... I wish I had the cash to put into one (maybe this summer!!)

Man, I feel like I'm the only guy on the planet who got his IIC->IIC+ worked on and never got a call from MikeB. Dang! Do I smell that bad even over the phone?

Chip

SonicProvocateur said:
If that's one of trickrick's shells then it should be 100% quality and should be whatever he said it is. Btw, it looks gorgeous!

Have fun with your revamped IIC+... I wish I had the cash to put into one (maybe this summer!!)

I didn't get this shell from trickyrick. I got it from Dave P. on here and was told it was mahogany, but I'm not very good at identifying it. LOL.

Could be Mahogany or Padauk. They both look quite red when oiled. If you can see the pores it's more likely Padauk and
if you don't see them, Mahogany pores usually get covered when oiled.

It is African Mahogany. It was made by Dan at Vintage Boogie/Dr. Hardwood. If you order them from him, they run about $350.00.

mreeve25 said:
It is African Mahogany. It was made by Dan at Vintage Boogie/Dr. Hardwood. If you order them from him, they run about $350.00.

I don't know where you got that information. This head came from a Mark IV. From the looks of the head it looked like it was made by Mesa.
The footswitch mounts for the MKIV FU-3 on the rear of the shell looked factory made not aftermarket.

Oh crap, my bad, I did not realize it had that stuff on it. I guess that is what happens when you assume. But this time it just made an a** out of me, lol. That is a sweet cabinet!

DaveP said:
mreeve25 said:

I don't know where you got that information. This head came from a Mark IV. From the looks of the head it looked like it was made by Mesa.
The footswitch mounts for the MKIV FU-3 on the rear of the shell looked factory made not aftermarket.

Hey Dave, I was talking to Mike B. at Mesa and he said that Mesa has never used Mahogany for headshells, so I'm thinking it could be an aftermarket one. Either way it looks killer. Thanks again and I can't wait to put my IIC+ in it.

CudBucket said:
Phil that shell looks great and is likely Padauk. Enjoy the "new" amp!

Thanks, Dave. I can't wait to get it back in my hands. It'll be nice to hear how my Albert Lee HH sounds through it. Later down the line I'll most likely send it back in to Mike B. for some mods, but I gotta get some cash first. Haha.

Back