Just got me a Triple Rec!! Welcome me into the mesa family!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got the 4x12 Recto-STANDARD SLANT(Straight Front) and the Triple Rec.
Sounds awesome so far, does anybody have any advice on these amps?
Also I'm getting a clicking and popping when I switch to channel 2.
Thanks
Corey

AWESOME MAN! i LIVE AND BREATHE MESA

MY ROAD KING HEAD POPS TOO,
THE FIRST TIME I SWITCH CHANNELS AFTER POWERING UP
BUT AFTER THAT, IT GOES AWAY

Oh really, mine seems to diminish a little bit. I wish I could afford a road king, does anybody know if there is anyway on this earth to get the clean non pushed on one channel and the clean pushed on one channel. I don't think my triple rec has channel cloneing. I loved that clean channel with pushed tubes though.

Welcome to the Mesa family! What kind of guitar do you play?

Yeah, mine pops, too. However, it only does it when I first turn it on, and if I leave it on one channel for too long.

Try this. Turn on the power, flip through all of the channels and then back to the clean channel. Then turn the standby on. It works for me.

Welcome...

Mine pops too, i just cycle through the big foot a few times and its fine, only seems to pop the first couple of times.

Love them triples though.

I found that thread about that, and I've been doing that now, no problems here. Thanks for the help. I hooked up an yngwie dod pedal to boost the front end of the amp with the gain down and the level all the way up. Makes those notes cut through a whole lot easier. This amp is amazing!!!

I've called Mesa regarding the popping and they said that it is due to a static charge that is created when you power up your amp. The popping dosn't harm the amp. They created a fix for this on the Rect-O-Verb Series II amps but it created a brief pause when switching channels. Just FYI.

Congrats on the amp bro!

Corey,

Welcome to the Boogie Board! I had a Triple Rectifier for about a year and loved it to pieces. Due to a torn ligament in my knee, I've had to scale down my road gear. The amp is truly a modern marvel! Best of luck to you in your pursuits -

Sincerely,

Hey G.F.H. congrats on the amp. When can we come around to steal, errr, I mean, have a look at it? :D

Ciao ...

Latest posts

Back