Just got Mark V + 2x12 Recto Vertical Slanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.Varbanov

Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all I like to thank everybody for the wonderful threads you made. The information here helped me a lot with my choice. I had to get rid of two ENGL amps(Fireball 100W & Savage 120W) in order to get the Mark V and I will not look back :)
I will use the Mark V with my band rehearsals and jams. I will use i with Fractal Axe FX II XL i have connected with the 4 cable method. I will try to do a comparison video of the Mark V and Mark Five 25 since a friend got the little brother amp recently.

Here are some photos of the my Mark :)

5qovd.jpg

213ejxy.jpg

23m3d6a.jpg

2v1sztv.jpg

3325boo.jpg

1zyygjs.jpg

Congrats! I think I'm going to get the big Mark too. Loving the V:25 into the traditional 412, so I probably won't get the vertical 212, as I'm not having to lug it around. Nice Les Paul too! I love the silverbursts. I have a Norlin 1981 Les Paul Custom in silverburst that was my first good guitar. It was my high school graduation present.

Those vert 2x12s are really starting to grow on me. I don't really need one... but if I followed that logic I wouldn't have 90% of the **** I have now. :lol:

screamingdaisy said:
Those vert 2x12s are really starting to grow on me. I don't really need one... but if I followed that logic I wouldn't have 90% of the **** I have now. :lol:
I can't say enough about mine. I absolutely love it. It's the "Goldilocks" cab.
Just right size for everything, sounds huge and amazing, and I can grab it and run up a flight of stairs without needing an orthopedic surgeon. :lol:

ryjan said:
I can't say enough about mine. I absolutely love it. It's the "Goldilocks" cab.
Just right size for everything, sounds huge and amazing, and I can grab it and run up a flight of stairs without needing an orthopedic surgeon. :lol:

Just the right size for everything, except a 25.5" wide Recto head. :lol:

At least the Mark V fits perfectly.

Yeah looks good with the Mark V, its good for a monitor because of the upper slanted speaker, I got it out of my trunk up the stair easily (Unlike my ENGL 4x12 Pro 54kg that killed me and a friend). Its for gigging purposes so its the absolute perfect balance for me.

Monstercastle, can you show me a picture of your custom? :)

Here it is. Picture from 2006, right after I did some cleanup, drop fills, replaced the bridge, and put the factory pups back in it. I used to be young and foolish and had Dimarzio's in it. :D

Silverburst2.jpg

Heh, I wanted to see if they do really all age to be greenish because of the top coating :)
Yours looks very well preserved. Nice! :)

It definitely greened up. It's much more noticeable in indoor lighting. It's had beer spilled on it and not noticed until the next day, and many dings and dents. I tried filling some of the dings with duplicolor car paint touch up bottles in the mid 80's when I was still stupid. If I knew now what I didn't know then..... She plays great. Always loved the low fat frets.

All I can say is Yes!!! Very cool. Congradulations!!!!!

I too have the Mark V and 2x12 Vert. 8)

I really want a Les Paul. You have a very nice one there. How is the Mid focus on that? I have a killer tone with my custom Telecasters (when setup right there is no twang) and I get awesome Mid focus. Most people cannot believe the tone I get from the Teles but I just love the Les Paul.

To be honest I play mostly those 3 guitars:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-instrument-discussion/66730-ngd-3-review-esp-esp-ltd.html?highlight=snakebyte

The LP I got because it was a dream of mine. Its not comfortable and its heavy for playing standing up. I will keep it only for recordings and because its pretty :>

Sweet setup! I used to rock that head/cab once upon a time. Definitely puts out the goods. I'm content with my mini rig these days. A bit easier to justify...

Have the same setup. Perfect for gigging. Amazing sound once the speakers get broken in. Congrats!

That cab is so sexy, wish I could have afforded that! Looks so good with the Mark V.

Back