JUst got a New Dr# 122

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heracy

Reaction score
Its mint, chrome face, Got groove tube el34 in it. THe Sound is amazing rips *** heavy as a F@@K. ITs very tite the sound with a massive usuable low end and nice top end. Totally different then the 98 one i had. More pics and info to come.

congrats man,thats pretty low,glad to hear your liking it,the only thing I dont like about the early 2 channels and its just a cosmetic thing,I love amps with loads a controls they look meaner,but if it sounds good then thats the main thing :D :D

Thats awesome! Where did you find it and how much did you pay for it? I've been trying to find a pre500 chrome with no luck so far!

I have came to the conclusion that everyone and their dog on here will indeed own almost every pre500 Dual Recto in existence. :wink:

lmao!! that's the goal aint it!!

congrats on the amp..post some pics....I recommend you kill some presence to get a nice thick rhythm sound. the presnce on the C's is quite high, making it the true "solo head"

zakkfaerum said:
I have came to the conclusion that everyone and their dog on here will indeed own almost every pre500 Dual Recto in existence. :wink:

Yup, sounds good to me. I need one now... haha

-AJH

I am still part of this club with R0005, I heard the guy i sold my R0394 is selling it, which is a chrome chassis with black diamond plate. He wants a 3 channel or a roadster, what a mistake in my book, but to each there own.

siggy14 said:
I am still part of this club with R0005, I heard the guy i sold my R0394 is selling it, which is a chrome chassis with black diamond plate. He wants a 3 channel or a roadster, what a mistake in my book, but to each there own.

How much does he want for it?

I have told my friend to contact him and find out how much he wants and even if he still wants to sell it. I will let you guys know.

Todd

heracy said:
Its mint, chrome face, Got groove tube el34 in it. THe Sound is amazing rips *** heavy as a F@@K. ITs very tite the sound with a massive usuable low end and nice top end. Totally different then the 98 one i had. More pics and info to come.

Congrats bro !

Mine's a tad post R001109 from 1-93 but ooohhhh...do I love her stays crunchy in milk TONE !

:lol:

Im sure the 500 recto's use slightly different circuit boards and components which then results in them being slightly smoother sounding,not as 'Harsh' as the 3 channels,

Also there were a number of revisions done to the recto series quite early on in its life and perhaps some of the older revisions are better sounding again

I only found this out from surfing this forum so this could all be bullshit but thats what I have understood the greatness of the pre 500's are!!

rabies said:
why are the pre-500 rectos more attractive to you guys? I never understood it, must be one of those "they don't make em like they used to'...

you hit the nail on the head. and +1 to the post above.

Back