Just got a Mesa Boogie Mark III - Blue Stripe with "++&

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandan

Reaction score
i'm so excited that i got a hold of this baby

Simulclass, eq, reverb, and had the "++" mod done by Mike B to get it closer to that C+ sound

Man this amp sounds amazing

I was debating wether getting this blue stripe with the mod or a red stripe with no mod

both great, but this one is it!

If anyone has some tube recommendations for when i replace them that would be great.

I love cranking the gain, and getting the most clarity out of each single note when I play a chord!

Congrats on you MkIII. I just got a purple stripe myself. I'll start playing with the tubes when it comes back from its check up. I to fell in love with the sound of my MkIII instantly. Be interesting to see what people are using in them.

does anyone here know if there is a difference or its the same thing getting a Mark III with a "C+" mod or the "++" mod?

The ++ is supposed to get it to sound as close to a C+ as posible

im just wndering if maybe the proper term was ++ when upgrading a MK III and not a "mk III C+"

I'd like to know myself as well. My blue striper sounds great, but I may send it to MB for a go through, and have the C+ mod. I'd like to know if the ++ mod is different/better....
ax. :twisted:

They are the same thing. If Mike B has done it, he tweaks the Mark III to be as close as he thinks he can to the C+. You can call it either. The danger will be people putting the + sign on Mark III amps and claiming it has been tweaked by the man. Always ask for the MESA R/A Invoice.

BWK

Boogiewan you seem to have endless knowledge so maybe before calling Mike B again you can help me : ) ?

Ok so as you know I have this beautiful amp and i LOVE how it sounds. I've been jamming with it in the "classic V" position.

if you can recommend any other "eq positions" that would be great. I really love that 80's hair rock tone.

I guess i aim my tone towards a modern sounding John Sykes/WhiteSnake era, and Def Leppard, and my own touch of course.

that is NOT why I was going to call Mike B though(for stinkin eq settings hah)

I still need to buy a foot switch and when i talked to Mike B he is positive he did his work on it cause i have the RA sheet from the previous owner who said he had the work done.

The only scary part was that the RA # wasn't registered but Mike said it was probably done on the side and to "shut up and play" . Hah it was awesome.

Anyway, my question is can anymore volume mods be done?

The lead channel sounds fuckin fantastic, but the 2nd channel seems to get loud as a mofo and the clean has the same problem(but less of a problem not nearly as much as channel 2)

Talking to Mike was a great experience and he is so down to earth. I was very happy.

I'm getting an R-2 master volume mod because it makes total sense. I'll use it. As for the sound of the lead channel I think its already fantastic. I have to say though that I'm not really sure what I'd get out of a ++ mod in comparison.

RussB said:
rhetorical question...

If everyone loves their Mesa's so much, why all the want for mods?

Yeah I have the same question. I've loved my blue stripe since I've gotten it. I have no desire to mod it.

I've played the Non modded version of an MK III while i think it sounds good, i feel the one with the mod sounds better

if your woman was getting unsafely fat and unhealthy you would want her to probably take a few steps for her own good and health. Unless you are like most americans who prefer to only get their *** kissed, be blind, and never here a honest out of love critique.

I don't see anything wrong in wanting to make a little improvement to an already great MK III C+. It's my personal critique to my own amp that i do love! Its just a minor volume problem , and I would love it regardless : )

I'm sure my amp has its critiques about me and wants to be a better player haha ; ) I'm working on it, and i won't let it down.

Latest posts

Back