Just got a MarkIII no stripe.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
And what a disaster it is. I bought it from a guy in TX who won't take it back. He claimed it just had a few dirty pots. Turns out the lead master volume channel doesn't adjust the volume at all and when the 80 slider is turned up it shuts the amp off.

And i have played plenty of MarkIII's and this one sounds like total dogshit compared to the others. I'm really hoping that the tubes are shot and that after i send this thing to Mesa Boogie that it will come back sounding like a different amp.

I'm just about finished with buying amps online. This is the second amp in row that showed up messed up. I bought a MarkIV last year that the guy wouldn't take back and i had to cough up the dough to fix that.

OH MIKE B. HELP ME.

rant over.

gut shot's..up close and personal

replace the pot's easy and pretty cheap to if you do it your self.. the middle slider i am not sure about..

gts said:
bummer!

Was an ebay auction from the seller "valderosa" or something to that affect?

Yes, you are correct. The real thing that bugged me is the packing on the amp was a joke. I'm still shocked that it showed up in one piece. The amp had NO protection on it's top and very little on the sides. It just had a layer of peanuts on it's bottom, otherwise it was cardboard then amp.

I'm sending it off to Mesa Boogie today. I guess I'll have it back in a month. :x

was that the 60 watter? Man, I'm happy I didn't get that one. My "new" IIIC+ is coming in Tuesday...I can't freakin' wait!

scottcrud said:
was that the 60 watter? Man, I'm happy I didn't get that one. My "new" IIIC+ is coming in Tuesday...I can't freakin' wait!

No, the one i got is a loaded III.

gts said:
danyeo1 said:
gts said:
bummer!

Was an ebay auction from the seller "valderosa" or something to that affect?

Yes, you are correct. The real thing that bugged me is the packing on the amp was a joke. I'm still shocked that it showed up in one piece. The amp had NO protection on it's top and very little on the sides. It just had a layer of peanuts on it's bottom, otherwise it was cardboard then amp.

I'm sending it off to Mesa Boogie today. I guess I'll have it back in a month. :x
That guy was kind of sleazy. He first posted this with all sorts of references to a C+. It was very misleading.
I sent him a message about it and in his response he argued they were the same and there was no reason to change his title or description. Claimed he was an electrical engineer and knew the circuitry etc so he could make the C+ references.

He now has a Mesa chasis fan up for sale. All be careful with this guy....

I would suggest to everyone NOT to deal with him. Electrical Engineer my ***! After i emailed him to let him know that the amp was a mess his response back was littered with bad spelling and overall bad grammer. That's what happens to teenagers when you ruffle their feathers.

Latest posts

Back