Just For Fun DC & Mark Lovers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If You Could Only Have 1 Mesa It Would Be?

• Mark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC (Dual Caliber)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
This is for anyone who has either owned or played both a Mark and DC series amp. There seem to be many people from both camps who just gush about their amps and I'm courious as to how the numbers fall.

I had both, and I'd go with the DC. I think the DC has a better clean channel (and that channel sounds better overdriven than Rhy2 on the Mk IV), reverb is waaaay better, and Ch2 on the DC smokes the MK IV for gain, sounds better to my ear without the GEQ, I like the lower-mid emphasis over the nasally sound of the IV, and is less compressed.

The Mk IV/Strat thread got me thinking about how much I disiked Strats through my IV. So tight and bright, thin even.

Oh yeah, it's a lot lighter.

DC all the way.

I feel the same way lockbody does. When I first received my Mark IV I thought it sounded better than my DC-2. However, after spending some more time with both amps I am back to the DC-2. The Mark IV is extremely versatile and has its place, but I think the DC-2 excels as far as pure tone goes. And yes, I am one of those who voted for the DC series amps. Sometimes less is more.

I own 2 DC 10's (head & combo), MK II, MK IIC, & a MK IV, I love all of those amps ,especially the MK IV w/6V6's but, the DC 10 knocks me out every time I play it. It's just so perfect. I just can't get enough of it. The DC 10 does the Fender / Marshall thing so well...read my signature

Latest posts

Back