Just bought my 1st Mesa today.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wired

Reaction score
What's up guys. Went amp shopping today & picked up a Rectoverb 50 combo. This is by far the best sounding 1x12 combo I have ever played through. The clean channel is unbelievable & the lead channel is smooth & thick. I also tried the Road King, Stilleto Ace, Lonestar & Roadster 2x12, but the Rectoverb just felt perfect to me.

I have a couple of questions, though:
1 - There is a leather bag strapped down at the bottom of the cab with 2 wires coming out of it, which are plugged in beneath the slave out jack. What is this?
2 - I'm being a little paranoid, but I want to make sure the bias switch is set correctly (for stock 6L6's) and I can't figure out how the switch works. What is it supposed to look like? How do you change it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hey congrats to you on your ROV, I had the ROV series 2 before I got my deuce. Anyways the bag at the bottom of your combo contains the reverb tank.
If you are using 6l6's or el34's you must make sure the bias switch is in the correct spot. I know the confusion your having right now,,, let me guess,, you cant see any switch,, Right??
If you look closely you will actually see there is a small black piece of tape covering the switch. That tape really hides it well. Peel the tape off neatly and you can use it over to keep unknowing hands from switching it to the wrong spot. Enjoy your new amp.

Just to throw this in...If you do not see a bias switch it's a series 1. By looking at the front it it has "Raw" mode, it's a series 2.

Series 1 did not have the ability to use El34's with a mod.

A nice piece to add with the ROV is a 2x12 rectifier cab. The combiination of the 2 closed back V30's and the open C90 in the combo sound awesome.

Congrats on the new amp.

Thanks for the help guys. I hope I didn't screw up the reverb tank by taking it out. I put it back exactly as it was, but was unsure on how the 2 plugs went back in. The reverb seems to be working, so I guess it's ok.

The amp's a series 2 & now I can double check that the bias switch is set correctly.

Thanks again.

clutch71 said:
A nice piece to add with the ROV is a 2x12 rectifier cab. The combiination of the 2 closed back V30's and the open C90 in the combo sound awesome.

I actually tried it through a 2x12 Road King cab (1/2 open, 1/2 closed) and it sounded unreal. I'm going to see how it does at a small club w/out the ext cab right now, but I'll probably end up buying the Road King cab. $625 for a 2x12 cab is steep, though.

Hello clutch71,,,,, hows it going?

Do yourself a big favor and keep an eye open for some good deals on ebay or even better would be craigslist in your area for one of these cabs.
Ive run across a couple of mint 2X12 cabs between $350 and $400.

+1 ^ Buy it used. Music Gear is just like cars in the sense that in most cases the depretiate as soon as you leave the store. There are TONS of deals to be had on craigslist as well as ebay. Good luck!

I paid 325 for my Rectifier 2x12 used :D It was like brand new to. Not sure about the Rodking 2x12 used. They go for 629 new so I'd work from there. I Kept the 2x12 when I sold the ROV for the 2ch. It's almost as potent as a 4x12.

Tone is subjective,. Find what works for you and go for it
!
Things are good Robie. Loving the 2ch DR.

The Recto-Verb is a great amp. Ive never heard such a good sound out of a combo before. I just bought mine new about a month ago. Ive played it everyday since I bought it. Im still amazed by the tone. I went into the store looking for a DR but ended up buying the ROV mainly because they didnt have a dual but I got the recto tone I was looking for.

Latest posts

Back