Just bought Electra Dyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elvis said:
ifailedshapes said:
Just because you've found the perfect amp for you doesn't mean it's the perfect amp for everybody else. :)

NO!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It is the best amp for EVERYONE! It is the best amp for everyone. It is the best amp for every...

LOL!

ifailedshapes said:
YellowJacket said:
Flubby high gain!?? It was actually Vintage Hi that sold me the amp although now I use Vintage Lo almost all the time. I've found it to be very tight on Vintage HI but this could be due to guitars / EQ settings. The amp is so incredibly dynamic and responsive which is what I think makes it so fun to play!

Just because you've found the perfect amp for you doesn't mean it's the perfect amp for everybody else. :)

You're going to miss her, you TRAITOR!!! :lol: :lol:

mccart125 said:
I am getting some better tones out of it. Mesa's are so bass heavy, needed to turn that down a tad..

Pretty much. The higher you set the volume (gain) the more bass you get in the signal. Are you having flubby neck pickup problems? I find that the shared EQ makes it difficult to get an ideal response out of every mode simultaneously. To work around this, I adjusted my pickups to get a more even response when switching between them.

To mitigate the bass response somewhat, turning up the treble slightly while rolling back the bass a bit will help. The more treble there is in the signal, the tighter the low end will be. Getting an ideal setting for the volume (Gain) is another trick, especially if one mode doesn't have enough gain and another has too much.

For boosting, I'm not sure what to recommend. There was a thread on this and I think different people have had different results. The Electra Dyne is INCREDIBLY sensitive to guitars so the combination of any given guitar and pickups with a pedal will have a unique impact on the amp, for better or for worse.
By all accounts, single coil pickups are the best match for this amp and I tend to agree.

[edit] So I just read the 'Dyne manual and apparently, vintage hi can get flubby and sloppy with lower output single coil pickups, especially with higher volume (gain) settings. They suggest using higher output humbuckers for articulate and tight modern rhythm tones on that mode. It doesn't surprise me that I never noticed any problem, considering that both my guitars sport 14.4k + humbuckers in the bridge!!

I use a BB with my ED. Adds 3 new dimensions to the tones. I set the gain on the BB at 9:00 and it gives all the push I need. Volume, treble and bass stay at noon. Throw in an EP Booster and the clean shimmers like nothing else.

Back