Just bought a Nomad 100 x12 combo... please help about tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezfreak777

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new here, and I am new to tube amps altogether...

Just bought a Nomad 100 1x12 Combo. The previous owner said the tubes have had 30 to 40 hours use...

Does that mean I should replace them ?

How long do tubes last ?

What tubes should I replce them with.

I want to play Metal and rock and lots of lead playing.

Any help would be fantastic

Thanks

Depending on how loud or often you play tubes will wear out in one to two years however with less use and quieter levels they can last for a VERY long time. If they only have 30-40 hours on them you should be alright.

Preamp tubes last even longer and may never need to be changed except for getting different sounds.

Since youre a first time Mesa owner, go to their website and read the manual to your amp. Mesa's are very different in terms of set up and reading the manual explains how to get the best sound.

Welcome and enjoy your Nomad!

Thanks mate

I read the manual from start to end..

It was helpfull......

I own a gigitech rp5 effect pedal board. Do I plug in as per usual. Guitar>RP5>AMP or do I use the send and return etc...

Thanks

Yeah you can do that if you use alot of chorus, distortion, wah, etc.

or you can use it in the FX loop of your Nomad if you are gonna use it for delays, reverb, etc

I dont know about digitech products as much but I had a big Boss floorboard (GT-5) where I plugged into the input on the floorboard, and from the output to the return of my amp's effects loop. the GT-5 had a loop feature so you could hook up the Nomad's preamp in the loop and turn it on or off with the pedal. LOTS of versatility and control however I didnt like how it made my amp sound so Im trading it away.

Latest posts

Back