Just Bought A Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I do with my Marshall 1936V cabinet with Vintage 30's.

• Trade it in for a Rectifier 2x12 Cabinet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have both 1936V cabinet with Vintage 30's and Rectifer 2x12 cabinet.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

confused

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

After a long hard decision between MESA/Boogie Mark IV , Randall MTS , Engl Savage 120.

I decided on a Triple Channel Dual Rectifier.

Its the best decision I have ever made and the most expensive one too. 4500 Australian Dollars , :x

That and the Parallel Effects Loop are my only gripes , but it's all about the sound , its always about the sound and I can always have it moded to Serial later down the track. :!: :D

At the moment I am running into a Marshall 1936V 2x12 cabinet that's the one with Vintage 30's , aparrently I got the 2nd last one in Australia.

I am very happy with the sound , very clear and defined.

I am thinking of getting a 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet as I hear the are a better built cabinets and it has a more bass sound , I can't get a decent chug sounds from my Marshall 1936V Cabinet.

What makes the chug sound ?

Is it the amount of bass , or is it the frequency of the bass ?

I'm thinking of trading the marshall 1936V cabinet in for the 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet.

Just how different are the two Cabinets. ?

Will I miss my Marshall Cabinet.

As I said I am happy with it I just want better chug sounds and a Mesa head on top of a Mesa cabinet will look better.

Please don't try and talk me into a 4x12 cabinet I am Partial to 2x12's for portability Reasons

Thankyou for your time

I'd say keep the marshall and get another Mesa,if you can afford it. Possibly go used, it may be cheaper! That way you could have the best of both worlds, and an even more unique sound. Congrats on the amp, even though it wasn't in your top three haha. Good decision!

-AJH

You will want the Marshall cabinet for mid-fill later. Also if you buy another amp that is voiced along those lines you will already have an appropriate cabinet. Some people like the V30's with their Recto. Some have them in the Recto 2x12 or even in the standard straight 4x12. I think you just need to take the time to learn your amp. You should be able to dial in a good chug. It is usually the other way around though where people can't get the flub out. With practice you will be dialing in on the fly. The 1936 cab is a decent 2x12 cab. It is taller than the Recto cab too. The only drawback is that it is always sealed. The Recto cabs come in a variety of flavors including convertibles. I would say keep the 1936 and get the 2x12 Recto Vert cab. You will get more coverage from that than a horizontal and you will not blow your feet off. You might even try a Mark series 2x12 cabinet. For now hold on to that 1936.

Latest posts

Back