JUST ANNOUNCED! New Dual And Triple Rectifiers For 2010

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
civicbud said:
These new updates look great, but I am leery to believe that the cleans will sound as good as the Roadster/Road King cleans. From a business standpoint, I just can't see it. I am sure they will sound world's better than the previous cleans, but I can't see them incorporating the Lonestar cleans into these amps. There should be some differences between these amps, otherwise, why would anyone buy a Roadster? Four channels is really nothing anyone needs to utilize at all.

Overall, I think these improvements were much needed, but I still don't buy that the cleans are going to be as good as the Lonestar/Roadster/Road King. There is no reason to jump to that conclusion in the first place. Mesa has not stated anywhere that these are the cleans borrowed from the Lonestar tech., they've just stated that they are improved. In the end though, any improvement to the Dual Recs clean tones are an improvement.

Keep in mind that they're only working with one channel mode for cleans. The Roadster and RK have two channels with four different sounding modes that can all be run clean. Realistically speaking, not everybody needs four channels, but the Roadster/RK have a much larger range of clean tones to work with.

If I had to guess, they've probably made the Recto cleans sound more like a Stilettos.

I find it kind of amusing they play tested against 2 Channel Rectos in addition to the 3 Channel models. It's almost like admitting there's a significant enough tonal difference in the two models to warrant testing it against both, as opposed to the "it's the same" stance Mesa has had on the 3 Channel versus 2 Channel models. If it truly was the same and an insignificant difference, there would be no need to drag out 2 Channel models to test it against... 8)

Silverwulf said:
I find it kind of amusing they play tested against 2 Channel Rectos in addition to the 3 Channel models. It's almost like admitting there's a significant enough tonal difference in the two models to warrant testing it against both, as opposed to the "it's the same" stance Mesa has had on the 3 Channel versus 2 Channel models. If it truly was the same and an insignificant difference, there would be no need to drag out 2 Channel models to test it against... 8)

++++1

Well said.

Calling it a "three channel Roadster" wouldn't be fair IMO. I reckon it would still sound different enough to the Roadster, that buyers would choose one or the other based on voicings, or budget perhaps...

As for the Roadster reverb comment, I'm a happy owner of a 2008 Roadster head. The reverb works fine on all channels for me. YMMV...

There is already one of these on ebay as of today. So if you can get one used before they are even officially announced does that mean they didn't live up to the hype...errr, lack of hype...now I'm just confused :roll: I'll just blame the internet and move on...darn internet ruining everything :D

blazer986 said:
There is already one of these on ebay as of today. So if you can get one used before they are even officially announced does that mean they didn't live up to the hype...errr, lack of hype...now I'm just confused :roll: I'll just blame the internet and move on...darn internet ruining everything :D

From what I have read, they were going to wait until NAMM, but word got out and they just decided to just start shipping them anyways. Its just a continuous improvement kind of a thing. Its not a new model, so spending the $$$ to promote a few changes would be for nothing. Im sure there will be a few adds in guitar mags soon.

I'm lovin the fact that we now have a redesigned footswitch and assignable power. Great for the small venues.

SO has anyone tried one!? Is there any real improvements to the vintage mode or is it just the same as the roadster....?

I emailed Mesa asking about the output transformers on the new Rectos (from what I understand, the reason the 2 channel rectos sound different than the 3 channel Rectos is because they had different output transformers) and they are saying that the 2010 Rectos have all new output transformers. Different from both the 2 channel and pre 2010 3 channel models.

Mesa have also said in the past that there is no difference between the 2-channel and 3-channel Rectifiers, then that it coincided with the change from Chinese to Russian tubes and you're just hearing the different tubes, now that it's the transformers...

No it isn't. The difference is simply that the two amps use different circuitry and layouts. They don't and can't sound the same because they are different amps - it's really that simple and I wish they would stop trying to deny it. It's true that the basic circuit (in schematic and most component values) of Channels 2 and 3 on the 3-channel is essentially the same as the 2-channel, but everything else - the whole of Channel 1, the voicing modes, the switching, the FX loop/Output Level/Solo circuit, the presence circuit, and the board layout - is completely different.

Any differences in the tubes and transformers are minor at most compared to this lot.

94Tremoverb said:
Mesa have also said in the past that there is no difference between the 2-channel and 3-channel Rectifiers, then that it coincided with the change from Chinese to Russian tubes and you're just hearing the different tubes, now that it's the transformers...

No it isn't. The difference is simply that the two amps use different circuitry and layouts. They don't and can't sound the same because they are different amps - it's really that simple and I wish they would stop trying to deny it. It's true that the basic circuit (in schematic and most component values) of Channels 2 and 3 on the 3-channel is essentially the same as the 2-channel, but everything else - the whole of Channel 1, the voicing modes, the switching, the FX loop/Output Level/Solo circuit, the presence circuit, and the board layout - is completely different.

Any differences in the tubes and transformers are minor at most compared to this lot.
coool! all the more reason to never sell my 92dual and 97tripp!,im rockin them mean mfers. till im dead :D

94Tremoverb said:

+ 1000%

Latest posts

Back