JUST ANNOUNCED! New Dual And Triple Rectifiers For 2010

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its nice to see that Randall still cares enough about his customer base to make these improvements no matter how slight they may seem.

Agreed! The amazing thing about Randy is that he's been in this business for 40+ years and is still leading mesa/boogie, pioneering new ideas, never taking a year off. In speaking with my boogie sales rep, he asked me, "Could you imagine if Leo Fender was still designing guitars at Fender?" I mean, can you think of anyone else that has founded a company during that time period and stuck with it to the present?

I can't. It just goes to show how much Randy loves doing what he does.

i really like the rear grill panel! i always wished mine had that. i know the export rectos had it and inquired about getting one but was shot down on more then once :(

noodles said:
I bet most of the people upset about it are the ones who prefer the older two channels amps. ;)
You are probably right. I just see it that now you can buy either a 3 channel, or 4 channel Roadster basically. Plus, at this point, I'd just rather pay another $100 and go with the 4 channel Roadster now.

I like the serial loop a lot! I just think Mesa nailed it with the 2 channel blackface. Simple, powerfull, raw, and very attractive.

I'd actually seriously consider buying on of the new Rectos if they build some of them as chrome chassis/blackface versions. That would really help the Recto seem much less "Roadsterish."

I'll be honest, the Roadster has many issues with Reverb. How many posts on here have had new owners perplexed by the fact that therr reverb didn't work? Two years ago when I was considering a Roadster the one I demo'd the reverb didn't work. It pretty much killed my desire to own one.

Having owned a Rev G and played several pre-500's and rev F's (prefering Rev F and lower) and my DSL50 being a 2 channel; as of late I've really been considering adding a 3 channel amp for a little more diversity and different tones. I've been wanting to pick up a Single Rec to add to my beloved Marshall. With this announcement, It's really got me interested. I always thought the Roadking and Roadster would phase out the Regualr Duals and Triples. Apparently I was wrong.

Don, Thanks for posting the announcement.

The prices of some of the Recto's at the GC by me have dropped. Have they dropped anywhere else? A single recto was under a grand. I suppose this is to make way for the new ones?

I notice the amp is still using a 7 pin DIN plug for the footswitch. I wonder if you could use it on the older 3 channel amps just for channel switching? Obviously the mute wouldn't work, but the more compact size would be great on the old pedalboard.

I wonder if any of these Updates would be available from Mesa to the folks that have existing Dual and Triple 3ch Recs?

I would love to have a little better clean/ch1, the diode tracking and 1/2 power. These don't seem like really big modifications and if the prices aren't going up for the newest models you would think for shipping and a couple of hundred dollars, Mesa could offer an 'Update' to anyone wanting what the new ones will be shipping with. Oh, and the new foot switch sounds like a good idea too.

I have a Mark V so this is not an urgent request but I'm still a Big Recto Fan. Mesa did a lot of good with the Mark V, btw.

Hey Mesa, if you decide to do this, Sign me up!

fluff191 said:
I notice the amp is still using a 7 pin DIN plug for the footswitch. I wonder if you could use it on the older 3 channel amps just for channel switching? Obviously the mute wouldn't work, but the more compact size would be great on the old pedalboard.

I was wondering the same thing. It would definitely save some room on the pedalboard.

fluff191 said:

I'm gonna guess "no" on this. If you look at the back of the amp, the external switching jacks are Ch2, Ch3, Solo, FX, and Mute. This would lead me to believe the amp defaults to Ch1, where the older Rectos default to Ch2. My guess is the switching system is different.

kramerxxx said:
I wonder if any of these Updates would be available from Mesa to the folks that have existing Dual and Triple 3ch Recs?

I would love to have a little better clean/ch1, the diode tracking and 1/2 power. These don't seem like really big modifications and if the prices aren't going up for the newest models you would think for shipping and a couple of hundred dollars, Mesa could offer an 'Update' to anyone wanting what the new ones will be shipping with. Oh, and the new foot switch sounds like a good idea too.

I have a Mark V so this is not an urgent request but I'm still a Big Recto Fan. Mesa did a lot of good with the Mark V, btw.

Hey Mesa, if you decide to do this, Sign me up!

They will not do this is my assumption. The reason being first of all two of the three items you mentioned would require a different chassis. The switches for diode tracking and 1/2 power would need to go someplace, and the current rectifiers don't have much spare room. As for the nicer clean channel, that might be possible depending on what they changed. If they didn't restructure the channel then it'd probably be possible. But my guess is they based it off the road king or roadster, and it would be difficult to kludge into the three channel rectifiers.

NoGlassNoClass said:
I'm gonna guess "no" on this. If you look at the back of the amp, the external switching jacks are Ch2, Ch3, Solo, FX, and Mute. This would lead me to believe the amp defaults to Ch1, where the older Rectos default to Ch2. My guess is the switching system is different.

Oh yeah that's a great point. I bet the new ones indeed default to channel one. Crap. So much for that idea. I am not really interested in this new model otherwise.

phyrexia said:
No, it's a new circuit board and all that.
Well, if they are that much different inside, I wonder if they will sound a little different too.

I think the changes are good. I always liked the Recto, but felt it didn't offer enough flexibility. The Roadster was a good fit, but a little to expensive. The new features on the Recto and the same pricing have me sold. I may have to get one now.

These new updates look great, but I am leery to believe that the cleans will sound as good as the Roadster/Road King cleans. From a business standpoint, I just can't see it. I am sure they will sound world's better than the previous cleans, but I can't see them incorporating the Lonestar cleans into these amps. There should be some differences between these amps, otherwise, why would anyone buy a Roadster? Four channels is really nothing anyone needs to utilize at all.

Overall, I think these improvements were much needed, but I still don't buy that the cleans are going to be as good as the Lonestar/Roadster/Road King. There is no reason to jump to that conclusion in the first place. Mesa has not stated anywhere that these are the cleans borrowed from the Lonestar tech., they've just stated that they are improved. In the end though, any improvement to the Dual Recs clean tones are an improvement.

Latest posts

Back