JUST ANNOUNCED! New Dual And Triple Rectifiers For 2010

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaggertysMusic

Reaction score
We just got the OK from Mesa/Boogie to let the cat out of the bag! New Dual And Triples shipping this week!

New Improvements / Features:

1. Patented Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power – Allows you to assign either 2 or 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt Power Select Switches. The Triple Rectifier allows you to do the same however with either 2 or all 6 Power Tubes for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts per channel via independent 50/150 Watt Power Select Switches.

2. Patented Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking – Allows you to assign either Tube Rectification or Silicon Diode Rectification to each Channel to fine tune the feel and character of each Channel.

3. New Footswitchable, Tube-Driven SERIES FX Loop – Vastly improved performance and tone with Multi-Effects than Parallel Loop - Exceptionally transparent in preserving your tone while being easier to use with any type of effects. The original Rectifiers featured a Series Loop.

4. New Tuner Output with Footswitchable Tuner Mute

5. New Compact Footswitch – New 3x3 Stacked, 6 Button Footswitch – Top Row = Mute, FX Loop & Solo, Bottom Row = Channel 1, 2 & 3

6. Improved Clean & Pushed Modes (Channel 1):

* Clean Mode features improved headroom for amazing clarity and the most sparkling bell-tone cleans ever from a Recto, even with hotter humbuckers.

* Pushed Mode features tighter, more focused and percussive low end with an amazing range of gain from Overdrive textures to full-on ripping Crunch.

7. Improved Channel Cloning on Channels 2 & 3 – Raw, Vintage and Modern modes have been further optimized for more similar performance on either channels

8. Improved Presence Control on Vintage Mode – Provides better high-end balance and control between Vintage and Modern Modes

9. No Price Increase – All this for the same price as the current 3 Channel version

Read the whole story on our web site:
http://www.haggertysmusic.com/employee-blog/new-mesa-boogie-dual-and-triple-rectifiers-for-2010.html

Mesa/Boogie has advised us that the new heads are going to start shipping by the end of this week, so these will start showing up as early as Jan 7.

If they bring back the chrome chassis with either polished or black face, I'd be really impressed. Really love that chrome chassis.

Sounds like a lot of "stuff" got added to it. I think I'll be sticking with the simplicity of my 2 channel.

rjf said:
Sounds like a lot of "stuff" got added to it. I think I'll be sticking with the simplicity of my 2 channel.

+1

Hell yes. For that matter, I will stick to the simplicity of my 3 Channel as well. Thats what I like about the previous Rectos. If I wanted tube switching, 50 watt switch and the like, I would have got a Roadster.

Although the 2 things I think are really usable are the smaller footswitch and the mute switch. Awesome.

If you want 50 watts out of the dual just pull the tubes not quite as simple as a switch but relativly easy. Be good for the triple though.

I like they added that you can choose between diode and tube rectification on each channel. I know my buddy plays his roadster with tube rect on orange for solo's and red on diode for rythem.

That's interesting. I'm happy I sold off my 3ch Dual Rectifier last month when I did. I probably would have impacted the price I got for it. I'm sure the 2ch will still be sought after.

The price is not going up. Tha'ts odd, but good.

I'll follow the developments on the sideline while fiddling with my new Mark V.

Well they are not making a big deal out of it, they just basically addressed alot of peoples concerns.
1. THey put in a ser loop
2. Made the footswitch a 3x3 so it is not as long
3. Gave the ability to assign diode/tube
4. Made it easier to run in 50 watt mode.
5. Made the clean channel have more headroom.

I think they did a fine job with addressing concerns, lets just hope they tweeked the channels enough so you can get it sounding more like the older 2 channel Rectifiers. I am also glad they worked on the pushed mode, I loved that mode on my old dual 3 channel, but thought it could have just a little more.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Exactly what I thought guys...a 3 channel Roadster...

Nothing too impressive IMO.

siggy14 said:
Well they are not making a big deal out of it, they just basically addressed alot of peoples concerns.
1. THey put in a ser loop
2. Made the footswitch a 3x3 so it is not as long
3. Gave the ability to assign diode/tube
4. Made it easier to run in 50 watt mode.
5. Made the clean channel have more headroom.

That's exactly what I thought. It seems to me like they are making the improvements to keep the Rectos relevant and competitive in a market with brands like ENGL and Bogner (I'd throw Peavey in there but...nah. I'm still pissed about the XXX). I also think the 50 watt mode is a fine addition as well. As a recording engineer, I hated recording Triple Rectos because you had to turn the thing up loud much to make it sound good.

Of all the RECTOs that I have owned, the Roadster was my favorite because of it's less fizzy darker sounding gain...that and it had four frigging channels of pure overkill.

I think the biggest improved feature is the channel cloning.... Let's face it.... Channel three vintage was terrible.

The presence control is changed as well, which was kind of funky on the vintage modes.

All in all I don't think it's an "upgrade" to the amp... but more of an "update". I'm glad boogie won't sit on their laurels, but rather continue to improve existing products without jacking up the price.

I wonder if they will ever reissue the original 2-channel model? It does have the same kind of iconic status that the Mk1 did in its day. I don't think there's any more definitive amp from the whole last 20 years.

94Tremoverb said:
I wonder if they will ever reissue the original 2-channel model? It does have the same kind of iconic status that the Mk1 did in its day. I don't think there's any more definitive amp from the whole last 20 years.
Doubtful. From boogies point of view the three channel amplifiers are an improvement over the two channel. It would be a step backwards to reissue the two channel amplifier.

Perhaps a few decades after the rectifiers are no longer produced we may see a reissue, like we did with the Mark I, but I think we're a few years away from that!

HaggertysMusic said:

The cosmetics on the Triple pictured on your site look nice and sleek... personally its nice to see that Randall still cares enough about his customer base to make these improvements no matter how slight they may seem. They didnt need to do this as if you wanted those options you could simply get the Roadster, but they made the changes anyway even if it cut into people spending a little more for a Roadster.

What would be nice to see someday is a one channel Recto with a footswitchable drive control (similar to the mark iv)... just a fire breathing amp, no cleans just the flexibility of getting a nice chunky rhythm and then with the drive control, adding that little extra for a lead (similar to those of us using ODs to get a lead sound out of a Recto).

Considering how many three channel owners I know that started immediately GASing for recto tracking and wattage selection by channel, I can't see anyone really upset about this. I bet most of the people upset about it are the ones who prefer the older two channels amps. ;)

Latest posts

Back