jsut got my first mesa boogie, Mark IV B!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fronzil

Reaction score
So ya if you ever saw the thread by halfmachine in the classifieds on here, i bought his mark IV, mint condition..sounds deadly and i couldn't be happier!! rented a recto 4x12 to test it out, what other mesa cabs work well with the mark IV?

I played that amp, loved it... however, i was really leaning towards the roadster. I am glad someone appreciative got it tho!! congrats...

Congrats! Good job on doing your research! You snagged a hell of a first Mesa. I entered the family with the same amp. If you learn to dial that amp in then you'll be able to dial any Mesa amp in better than anyone.

Fronzil said:
So ya if you ever saw the thread by halfmachine in the classifieds on here, i bought his mark IV, mint condition..sounds deadly and i couldn't be happier!! rented a recto 4x12 to test it out, what other mesa cabs work well with the mark IV?

Congrats!

I just got one a few months ago, and I love it as much if not more now then I did then.

Really amazing amp. Reverb sucks, bad, real bad. But that is it!

As far as Cabs, I strongly recommend the recto 1x12. It works INCREDIBLE with the Mark IV.

Plus, if you have a short head, they are the exact same width.

My Recto 1x12 actually sounds better (Slightly) then my Recto 2x12.

Loud enough to drowned out a drummer if you wanted to, but easy to carry around without breaking your back!

Check it out.

DSC_0039.jpg

hey thanks for the reply, it's actually a medium head, so I'll definitely be looking for a 2x12 (most likely gonna be a recto, most common by far and i think they sound solid enough for my first cab.maybe ill upgrade later on)..you know what I agree with you about the reverb, until i plug my strat in..for some reason the reverb, with the strat, getting an overdriven clean tone...just sounds like butter on this amp...the reverb just compliments it so well...and i tweaked for like 4 minutes lol..but with my jackson KE1 the reverb is only good just for that tiny bit of echo, that makes the tone seem a bit bigger...im not a huge reverb guy typically though so no big deal...gonna run a mxr carbon copy delay and maybe a mxr gt od or bb preamp (although this amp is so versatile and has crazy gain that i don't know if i need one) just to finish off my lead tone..

heres a short clip...literally looked in the manual, found a random setting and tried it (even though my jackson has an x2n in it, and needs to be specially tweaked for sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEbGz2O5BU

i think the sound is **** fat and tight, i love it..but any suggestions are always welcome, it's a versatile, complicated amp and i'm new to it :)

Fronzil said:
hey thanks for the reply, it's actually a medium head, so I'll definitely be looking for a 2x12 (most likely gonna be a recto, most common by far and i think they sound solid enough for my first cab.maybe ill upgrade later on)..you know what I agree with you about the reverb, until i plug my strat in..for some reason the reverb, with the strat, getting an overdriven clean tone...just sounds like butter on this amp...the reverb just compliments it so well...and i tweaked for like 4 minutes lol..but with my jackson KE1 the reverb is only good just for that tiny bit of echo, that makes the tone seem a bit bigger...im not a huge reverb guy typically though so no big deal...gonna run a mxr carbon copy delay and maybe a mxr gt od or bb preamp (although this amp is so versatile and has crazy gain that i don't know if i need one) just to finish off my lead tone..

heres a short clip...literally looked in the manual, found a random setting and tried it (even though my jackson has an x2n in it, and needs to be specially tweaked for sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEbGz2O5BU

i think the sound is **** fat and tight, i love it..but any suggestions are always welcome, it's a versatile, complicated amp and i'm new to it :)

It's a very tight amp.

And the Recto 2x12 sounds great with it as well.

Your clip says removed by user.

Back