JP-2C and Mark V back to back video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this recording, they are so close that ANYONE would believe it's the same amp with only a very very small change made to EQ. In the recording, they are very very close to identical. To get them any closer would only take the smallest of EQ adjustments.

While I would never rule one out down the road, demo's like this cure any GAS I might have for a JP2C. I like the IV better than the IIC+ (on my Mark V and Mark V25) anyway, so this video only reinforces that I'm good with what I've got.

Great demo. Great playing! Thanks for putting it up.

I had a Mark V25 for week and liked the extreme mode best because it sounded the most like my C+ at jam volume. The C+ mode did not sound or act like the C+ when turned it up.

Tried as I might,,, I could not get my Mark V to sound anything close to the JP-2C.
I would agree what others have stated about the video, difficult to distinguish between the two. Then again, I have not tried to record either to determine how close they sound when mic'd. For some reason, my Mark V sounds awful though V30 speakers but the JP-2C sounds incredible. Thanks for the post...

Hi all,

A cool comparison (and even better playing, wow, very nice).

I came across this video directly on YouTube when searching comparisons. Anyway, I was getting some GAS for a JP2C (a Mark V is in the stable already, as well as some others). Sweetwater has the special edition Mark JP2C on special price right now (probably their floor model, I offered $2.5k and they accepted, but I did not purchase... because of this video and other reasons). It seems there is a bit of a difference from this video but only a teensy bit (at least to my ears with my basic iPod headphones). These amps sound very close to each other, at least how the OP has them dialed in (he does list Mark V settings in the youtube comments). At any rate, I would not be able to differentiate the two in this video if I were blindfolded. Maybe I've got a tin ear or something. The JP2C was maybe a wee, wee bit fuller.

From what I remember in the Petrucci IIc+ / V bake-off, he had the V gain set higher and mids lower than in this video (per the youtube comments).

If the OP got around to doing a similar comparison with the V in IV mode against the JP2C, that would be cool.

Later,

Mace

Back