John Petrucci tone for single rectifier v.2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgLives

Reaction score
Hey I am looking for a good tone setting for the single rectifier similar to john petrucci's of dream theater! I love his tone and am just wondering how similar i could get with this amp head! thank you, ps. im using a 2x12 rectifier cabinet and an ibanez rg1570 with evo pickups. Thanks and im new nice to meet you dudes! :D 8) :wink:

jbird said:
Does'nt Petrucci have a web site or forum with some info?

Nope, not anymore. They shut down the message boards on Dream Theater's website sometime in June. Last time I checked, they were still down.

CudBucket said:
johnpetrucci.com

I didn't know they had individual websites. :oops:

I just checked the Dream Theater message boards, looks like they are again accepting new members, however they manually approve all new members. Must have been some major troll problems for them to have gone that route.

Hey try these settings out
mesa_amps.jpg

This is a picture of JP's Dual Rectifier. I think this was taken around the time of Scenes From a Memory. The settings will at least give you a good starting point.

If you look real close at this pic you may even be able to scope some of his "back panel" settings. The Recto is close to the bottom.
backleftrack.jpg

Check out the "amps and effects" section of johnpetrucci.com for a bunch of other pics of JP's rig. Hope that helps!

Matt

Thanks a lot :D sounds pretty good, ive been noodling and ive got some good voicing from the amp! cheers all

Latest posts

Back