John Petrucci Rig Pix (2002 & older, "rare")

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
I was browsing through my stuff on my laptop, trying to find some other rig shots and came across these. Notice it's JP's 2002 rig, but in much larger sizes than commonly seen and not blurry like on JP's site :p I don't remember where I saved them from though, maybe it was even on the jp site....

rig0009a.jpg

jp202rig.jpg

jp2002rig2.jpg

petrucci_rig.jpg

MJ

i think they call those guys roadies. although, i would love to see JP carry one on his back. nice photos!

Do you really need that much equipment to get good sound from your guitar? :shock:

jukesgtr said:
Do you really need that much equipment to get good sound from your guitar? :shock:

It's not as much getting a good tone as getting tones of great, different tones and sounds.

JP is pretty much my inspiration.

I've never seen that Eclipse in his rigs before! Great piece. Thanks for posting.

I likes all guitar shredders they are so funnies and I enjoy with their music. But I must to say that I don´t like so much processed sounds because the guitar finally sounds like a flute :(
I think that better sound becomes with a great combo amp, a few pedals and a good guitar

nocluejimbo said:
jukesgtr said:

It's not as much getting a good tone as getting tones of great, different tones and sounds.

I've never seen that Eclipse in his rigs before! Great piece. Thanks for posting.

Hey, could you recommend me to listen some of his material, if so what? I am an older guy but still open to new influences and interested in learning new stuff...tks!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1141771388434901046&q=glasgow+kiss and here is a cool video I post everywhere because I am in love with it(I love his tone). :lol:

jukesgtr said:
nocluejimbo said:
jukesgtr said:

Hey, could you recommend me to listen some of his material, if so what? I am an older guy but still open to new influences and interested in learning new stuff...tks!

My favorite cd of Dream Theater's is Scenes from a Memory, though generally the most highly regarded DT cd is Images and Words. I just think that the playing and song writing had matured a lot from the earlier, more 80's influenced work. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of their stuff. The only album I can't really recommend is Falling into Infinity, even though it still has some great playing.

I just love dream theater. Fallin into infinity is just more "fusion" like orintated cd from others... Anything from them released to this point is top notch... It may just come to a someone's preference in a music style to not like one album or something. I personaly think that Petrucci as a solo artist has still alot to learn. His solo cd just doesn't do it for me.

I think he is a great solo artist, Glasgow Kiss and Lost Without You are 2 amazing songs to just name a couple.Best solo songs I have heard compared to Vai or Satriani at least.

um... change of seasons? first heard this when i was like 15 or 16 and hadn't really been opened up to anything MTV hadn't shown me at the time. in short.. it blew my f***ing mind :wink:

aenigma said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1141771388434901046&q=glasgow+kiss and here is a cool video I post everywhere because I am in love with it(I love his tone). :lol:

Very Steve Morse-ish. Isn't that Dave LaRue playing bass?

COuld you please repost. I can't see any of the pictures. Only [x] marks.

Many thanks,
JO

Back