JJ's in a Roadster...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the JJ's (either power, preamp, or both) in their Roadster yet? I've heard a few people here say that they like channels 2 and 3 in their Dual Recto's better than channels 3 and 4 in the Roadsters. I'm starting to feel this way a bit, possibly because I have JJ's in my Dual Recto. I was just curious to hear other people's thoughts before I start tube swapping.

From what I've heard, the Roadsters are sounding a little dark on channel 4? And your wondering if the JJ's in a Roadster might get you closer to the Solo heads tone? I would'nt think that the JJ's are your solution! Especially, as some say they darken the tone of the Solo heads a bit! I think it's something inherent with the Roadsters design! :x

Just so happens that recieved mine today..oredered on Tuesday or Wed last week and I'm in Ontario Canada..now that's great service on behalf of the guy's at Eurotubes.

I opted for the GZ34/6V6/high gain ECC83's, and make sure if you order pre's to order 6 for the roadster I ordered the Dual Rec setup (only 5) and was told that it would work so I left the 4th standard while I wait for my replacement. I'm running in EL34 Bias as suggested with this setup.

anywho, I havent got a chance to crank it since I did it after I put the kids to bed but I could instantly tell the difference. Not as dark sounding, Tighter on the bottom and more sustain and harmonics. Sounds hotter. I'll give a better review when I get it all dialed in.

Like the Japanese said "I think we've awoken a mighty giant"...or some **** like that.

Good info Matty. Keep us posted on the results.

For the roadster, are the functions of each preamp tubes (V1-V6) the same as the Road King. The Road King manual contains this information, but the roadster manual does not.

thx

Latest posts

Back