JJ Tubes and Triple Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyceW

Reaction score
Which tubes would you recommend for a Triple Rec? I'm curious if anyone has tried the JJ E34L's (not el34's) in a Triple?

RoyceW said:
Which tubes would you recommend for a Triple Rec? I'm curious if anyone has tried the JJ E34L's (not el34's) in a Triple?

try some kt77s... i resently went back to 6l6s from kt77s because i thought i remembered the 6l6s sounding more "me" but the kt77s kick ***. they're more or less a 6l6/el34 hybrid... cleans and girth of 6l6s and the aggressive attack of the el34s. awesome sounding tube IMO... and mine are JJs from eurotubes.

I haven't used any JJ EL34's but have a Pair of EH EL34's in my Dual Rec right now and love the sound. From the desription on Eurotubes.com the EL34L has more headroom, is that what you're after? i can't imagine needing more with a Triple Rec. though!

would you describe the E34L's to be more of a crunchy or a chug tone. Can you acheive the thump of a Tremonti tone(example) with the E34l's? Hope that makes sense.

jhguitar1 said:
would you describe the E34L's to be more of a crunchy or a chug tone. Can you acheive the thump of a Tremonti tone(example) with the E34l's? Hope that makes sense.

I would say it's a toss up. I get a good thumpy chug, but also lots of crunch, a la Marshall.

IMO, they're very similar to a 6L6 but with more upper mids.

Latest posts

Back