jewel light question for mesa heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustee

Reaction score
I want a clear blue jewel light for my new express 5:25 head (review and pics will come soon)...I was wondering if a Fender one would work here because it seems that Mesa only sells the diffused blue which is a hazed out color. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ZAO said:
i have a purple one and it looks pretty cool.

Does your light actually look purple? I bought a violet one which looked kind of like amethyst. When I put it on the amp and turned on the light, it shines sort of a hot pink. It just wasn't for me. I bought a Fender blue one instead, which comes out sort of a blueish green.

Does anyone know if there are any bulbs available that burn less yellow and are more color corrected?

im just going to ask a question along these lines.. does anyone know how to change the actual bulb b/c mine must be burned out. is this hard to do(i have never taken my recto apart at all)

You have to unscrew the jewel lens cover, then unscrew the light bulb, then screw in the correct replacement. It's basically just like any other light bulb, just smaller lol.

-AJH

How many _______ does it take to change a lightbulb? :lol:

I ordered two jewel lights from antique elec. blue and amber...the blue is just not blue...it looks purple blah...also it doesnt light up nicely and glow (diffused as mesa describes theirs) so im thinking these are the same ones...the amber i got is very nice and shines and glows vibrantly. anyone know of a better blue replacement? or do i have to settle for purple as blue.

I played my JMP and noticed one of the 2 lights on the power rocker switch burnt out on me. I have never taken one apart to replace a bulb in it. This should be interesting. I wonder how easy it is to replace or if I have to replace the whole rocker switch.

Back