Jeff Beck with MKIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Hi there folks I am a Jeff Beck fanatic!!!!!!always have been always will be.Im also a Mesa fanatic.I dreamed of the outcome of Both played together in perfect harmony.Anyways.I was searching through Youtube and stumbled(ahh JB's version of the stumble...sweet)across it.JB playing through what looked like a wide bodied MKIV.I will search again for this video soon and link too it.OHHH the sweet sound of the Beck and a MKIV.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLk0l3X7e6c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLk0l3X7e6c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
This is it,look at the boogie,center stage as should be,the only amp to be center stage with beck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLk0l3X7e6c
sorry wrong code,this link will take you too heaven,belive me!!!!!!!

any coments on the amp-is it a mark 4

Is that Jennifer Batten playing with him? She rips... If so, he has some real talent playing second fiddle (guitar).

Definately not a MKIV and it is hard to tell for sure but there doesnt seem to be anything plugged into that amp.

There is a plug going into the amp, but none of the amps on stage have their pilot light on. Not even the Marshalls. I think ole Beckola is playing a POD through the board or has a Dumble hidden somwhere. :D

Boogiebabies said:
There is a plug going into the amp, but none of the amps on stage have their pilot light on. Not even the Marshalls. I think ole Beckola is playing a POD through the board or has a Dumble hidden somwhere. :D

POD - " Peice Of Dung"

Yeah,I noticed that about the pilot lights too,but thought it might just be the stage lighting dimming the pilots.Some years ago when he was touring with Santana I had the opportunity to be backstage at 2 of the NY area shows,one of the crews biggest complaints about Beck,asides from his holier than thou attitude was all the gear they had to lug around for him that he never even used,including his collection of classic cars he had at every venue,no ****,he actually had a clause in his contract that said the cars had to be shipped every place he played.Strange dude.

I'll clear this one up in a few words - this was Jeff's birthday gig at the Royal Albert Hall in London - I was there!!!

The 15"" Boogie MKIII belongs to Ronnie Wood who came out to do a few numbers with GOD - Ronnie was very drunk and very out of tune!!!! (well, normal then I suppose!!!)

Jeff was using his current set-up that night - TSL Marshalls - best I've ever heard a Marshall - but then I suppose it's Jeff not the amps.

The Guy on keyboards is JAN HAMMER - yes Jan of Miami Vice fame - he looks more like somebodies Uncle now!!!.

A few words...sorry :oops:

if jeff was playing through his marshalls, they whould have been turned on, but i dont see any pilot lights burning either (if i'm not mistaken, i saw a jmp marshall on that stage too)

i guess (like almost everybody) that he has another amp backstage blowing it's guts out, and that onstage they are just for show

(it's like metallica: vacuum tubes dont lit up green, but through the ventilationholes, you see a green light coming out of it :d)

Ron Wood drunk and out of tune????I guess all those years with Mick just brings the best out in a guy.Just ask Keith.

It must be bad lighting etc because trust me, they were on - in the track Big Block he must have realised the "deep" button wasn't engaged and he turned around and switched it on twiddled a bit and BOOOOOMMM that thud hit in!!!

stokes said:
Ron Wood drunk and out of tune????I guess all those years with Mick just brings the best out in a guy.Just ask Keith.

As always!!!, I remember that they actually turned him right down in the PA mix after the first few notes as he was so bad!!!

welshboogie said:
It must be bad lighting etc because trust me, they were on - in the track Big Block he must have realised the "deep" button wasn't engaged and he turned around and switched it on twiddled a bit and BOOOOOMMM that thud hit in!!!

I personally don't find the tone that great even if it is a mark IV or a mark III, it just sounds too hot and too twangy,

Nick_cor said:
I personally don't find the tone that great even if it is a mark IV or a mark III, it just sounds too hot and too twangy,

Yeah, I think its the video quality - his sound in the flesh was much smoother - almost too smooth for Marshall when I think about it - its all in his fingers though - the man is a genius.

Saw Lukather with Toto at the same venue a week later - he was even better!!!!

cheers for clearing that one up welshboogie,I didnt think it sounded like a boogie it had that marshall snarl that get toys out.AHH ronnie wood Im sure I read somewhere(on old boogie catalogue)he has bought over 30 MK series,jammy bugger,Was jan hammer being overly annoying with a crybaby that night,I saw beck a few years ago in Glasgow with the mondiser brothers and Hammer and Jan would not turn off that god **** wah pedal.But he is still uberamazing.Anyways that night I shook becks hand and havent washed it since.......only kiddin it was amazing he really is GOD.I think he would sound far better running through a boogie but then again he cant get better he IS the guitar

ahh yeh ,agree on the mr. bungle,great band.......all musicians are dab hands at lots of styles which is good,is that not a sorta "supergroup" of some sorts(I mean like all band members were in great bands bfore joining).I m not even goin to answer to the beck comments though!!!!

but yeh that marshall is pretty horrible but beck makes it really scream!!!

Back