Japanese Instrument Fans

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micajah

Reaction score
I have a Navigator Te-280 Tele. This guitar + Lonestar = Pure golden Obsession!

Any other Japanese instrument fans?

would you count my Caparison Horus SE?
DSCF0902.jpg

I've got 14 MIJ Ibanez guitars, most from the late 80's to late 90's. The RG550's and S540s are my favorite guitars.

100_2365.jpg

100_2353.jpg

My FrankenRG
100_2323.jpg

I picked up a brand new MIJ S5470 which completely threw me for a surprise when I tried it out. If you are a fan of the early S series then I think you would be completely satisfied with one of these.

For those into more vintage instruments I just bought an 82' Ibanez AS 100 semihollow. This has got to be one of the most soulful guitars I've owned as it just oozes quality and tone. I will post pics of both soon.

The best part of living in Japan is that all of these guitars are here in abundance so I usually can go to a shop and have a good hands on look at anything I might be interested in. They also love American stuff so it's easy to do side by side comparos.

Greg

fatoni said:
why no s love in the pics? i kinda like my 93 s470

Ask, and you shall receive:
1990 S540 in Desert Yellow
e83f_1.jpg

1993 S540FMTB with AANJ
S540FM-in-case.jpg

1989 440S II - pretty rare these days and with the wider Viper neck.
440SII-in-case.jpg

SCN500 - another rarity. Nylon electric. Only around 800 made.
100_2375.jpg

micajah said:
Here is a pic of my Navigator TE-280. I absolutely adore this guitar.

l_1e5288aecc9f3d4e8931e67333624c09.jpg

Nice! I've been lusting for a Tele recently, and looking for a MIJ model. A couple of promising models have popped up, just gotta work out the details.

I have an incredible 1990 Jackson Rhoads Pro. Easily the best guitar I've ever laid my hands on. The big wing is extremely damaged but it sounds and plays like a dream so it doesn't really phase me too much.

My Japanese Ibanez S7420 is my number 1 guitar and probably the best playing/sounding guitar I've ever owned. My backup is a Japanese Ibanez RG7620, still an amazing guitar but doesn't touch the S7420. Every Japanese guitar I've owned trumps most American guitars I've owned.

FYI a Navigator's going to cost you as much as a Suhr or Fender Custom Shop new. They are the top of ESP's line and not available for sale directly to us in the litigation happy USA. I love my Edwards. It's my only non-USA guitar and it's a honey. Not up to par with my Hamer but in my mind nothing is.

I've got my eyes on an Edwards E-LP-98LTS in Cherry sunburst...sometime this year hopefully.

The Navigator LPs are also quite godlike. :D

yea Im a fan I have three - I bought an Orville by Gibson solid Quilted top from japan very rare. Also japanese fender and k Yari acoustic which is around 35 years old and good to hang on the wall only. IM a big fan of the japanese craftsmanship

I've got an MIJ Ibanez RG 470 which i upgraded with a Real Floyd Rose and some EMG p/u's, and I also have an ESP Edwards Explorer model that is my #1 stage guitar. Bought it off of ebay from Japan 2 years ago. I really like it, looks like the older Exp series that Hetfield uses. Very comfortable guitar, and sounds good with an EMG 81/60 set in it.

SSPX0610.jpg

The trem posts have since been replaced with the ones that came with the Floyd and the knobs have been painted gloss black to match (The guitar came with the crappy Lo Pro TRS II Bridge in black chrome, and man does it look and play way better with the gloss black FR!)

896_1024ts1169434807671.jpg

-AJH

Just got my second early '90s Soloist Pro, (stupidly sold the first). These MIJ were so close to the USA models, they stopped making them!

au9gk5.jpg

Back