I've owned a Mark IV for sometime now and..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekjason

Reaction score
my band is playing a small gig on 4/3/10, and it will be the FIRST TIME :shock: ive attempted tweed power. im only doing so cuz my bass player/singer has a 4/10 cab, plays an upright bass, and i always beat him up with my mark IV full/simul/pentode/harmonics with a 4/12. So now im gonna use a 2/12 with Tweed/classA/pentode/harmonics. i just tried it out in my pad, seems ok, but i cant really crank it. The band has a psychobilly sound, but i tend to lean towards metal tones. i dont have a hollowbody. has anyone experienced any advantages/disadvantages with using tweed power when totally accustomed to using full power? Interested in opinions. Thanks everyone.

i always play full/simul/triode/harmonics, and I can set my volume high / low enough to jam with any band, at any venue in my city...you should be fine leaving it on full power/class A/pentode, but no there's nothing wrong with gigging using tweed..more of a spongy/brown sound with less headroom, but any bar that's like 200 people or less you'll be fine.

derekjason said:
The band has a psychobilly sound, but i tend to lean towards metal tones. .
The Silverhounds? Kinda doing the Koffin Kats type of thang eh?

All the Best,
~Nep~

Neptical said:
derekjason said:
The band has a psychobilly sound, but i tend to lean towards metal tones. .
The Silverhounds? Kinda doing the Koffin Kats type of thang eh?

All the Best,
~Nep~

Holy inspector gadget! good work. i guess koffin katsish, only with solos that lean more toward iron maiden. :twisted:. not that im saying i play like Dave or Adrian. :?

If you're going for a metal tone, changing from full/simul to tweed/classA might not be what you want. After it really warms up it might get a little muddy for that style. It will still be loud enough, but I would think going from the 412 to a 212 would accomplish your goal and keep a tight sound.

But, there's only one way to find out :)

kiff said:
If you're going for a metal tone, changing from full/simul to tweed/classA might not be what you want. After it really warms up it might get a little muddy for that style. It will still be loud enough, but I would think going from the 412 to a 212 would accomplish your goal and keep a tight sound.

But, there's only one way to find out :)

this is true :!: , after further review, im not feeling tweed/classA, tis too flubbed out for my taste. looks like back to original full/simul, maybe the 2x12 will be enough of a difference.

I love using tweed mode. It gives a little extra dirt. It keeps up with the band. You will not run out of room to go on the master volume.

Scott

Latest posts

Back