I've finally joined the ranks..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPIndustrie

Reaction score
Hey!

I've finally joined the ranks and bought my first boogie. Actually 2, but I ended up keeping one. I went to GC and finally decided to purchase a 50 W combo amp, rather than a head and 2x12" cab, so that I may take the amp home after practice, and then if needed, purchase a cabinet for practice and gigging.

It came down to the Rect-o-verb Series II combo or the F-50 combo. The F-100 I played a month ago sounded terrible compared to the rect-o-verb, but after playing the F-50 1x12 that day, i couldn't believe how great it sounded. It was a really hard decision, but I chose the recto.

Took it home, played my bands first gig with it - and realized the F-50 was the amp for me. I felt the recto wasn't 'clear' and 'articulate' enough, and while it was very crunchy, in your face and heavy, I think the minimalist package of the F-50 fits me better. Took it back yesterday, and got the F-50. It just sounds alot better ironically, and it was easier to get a good tone out of it.

So I think i've made a good choice. And gotta love FGC and their 30 day return policy. I plan to try out the express ASAP and do a little comparison between the two. :)

Any tips or suggestions from the fellow f-series users on the forum?

if you got, or are getting an F-50, make sure to get at least 20% off

they are discontinued, and my local dealer has already marked them down

GC will match

Hi there
Congrats on the amp and welcome to the Board!

Most people find that one isn't enough...

Thanks for the responses guys.

The ROV i got was a floor/demo model, however it did look completely spotless and new. They couldn't tell me how long it's been on the floor for but it looked new. Also the sound was pretty comparable to the other 10 ROV's ive played.

The F-50 was brand new in the box.

Yeah, the difference in tone in the 100 vs 50 is what i was thinking too. Either way it works out 'cuz the record/headphone out is a godsend :) especially in a small NYC apt. I do miss the flexibility of the ROV modes, in addition to the solo and presence controls.

However I felt the F-50 was little easier to setup and a little easier on the wallet too.

Hi firstly welcome aboard(hahaha you dont know what you've done,hours spent at the computer screen now!!!),I was never that much of a fan of the f series,but they have an absolutly fab clean sound,but the gain and tone you can apply to a dual recs lead and rhythm channels is far superior,its just my opinion,I bet youve got some killer tones for your F series,post them and see what we anoraks think!!!!
Enjoy this brilliant site
Euan

Latest posts

Back