It finally happened...New Cab Day!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksalt7

Reaction score
Well folks...I finally did it - I scored a brand new, never played 4x12 Straight Recto cab tonite!!! All I can say is WOW!!! This thing is huge!, I mean grande size and it looks completely stunning with my Ace on top of it! :mrgreen:

I have only been able to noodle around on it a little since I didn't get it home til late, but low volume stuff sounded nice and full, almost a stereo like sound. Tomorrow....will be different!! There WILL be stuff falling off the walls at my house, you can be sure of that. :shock:

Once I got this monster upstairs tonite, I decided this is going to be my "home" rig. It's just too heavy to be movin' around much. :shock: But then, that's why I still have my little DC-2, it's much more kind to my bod to transport. I'll give some tone reports when I get a chance to open it up this weekend...can't wait!! :mrgreen:

Congrats! There's nothing like a recto 4x12. Huge sounding. It will take a few hours of higher volumes to really get the speakers broken in for it to really take shape. Good luck!
Tim

Fantastic rocksalt7! I'll bet you'll be loving it.
I've been wanting to get a 4x12 cabinet for a while but since I don't gig anymore I wasn't sure if I could justify a big cabinet for at home playing.
Keep me informed on how it works for you at home and hopefully you will talk me into taking the plunge. Anyone else who uses one at home for that matter.

Enjoy your new cab.

Congrats man! I love both of mine! The straight cabs are sweet, I like them a little better than my straight front/angle baffle cabs that I used to have. Enjoy it!

-AJH

Thanks everyone...I feel so fortunate to have this monster! I have wanted one of these for so long I can't even tell you. So far, it's living up to my expectations - full, rich, harmonic sound in great big bucketfulls!! It's a little more directional than I thought it would be, but not much you can do about that. I haven't changed ANY settings on my Ace yet and it sounds great just the way it is...guess I had it pretty close to right with the old 2x12! :mrgreen:

Man... I love these cabs... it's too bad they're too big for my house. I'm moving soon, though, to a bigger house. We'll see... :D

Enjoy it but watch your hearing! I have cranked my 4x12 in my bedroom or even back yard many times back home and each time my hearing falls off a bit. I recommend standing behind it, to the side of it, outside the room, etc. Stuff will fall off the shelves (and it's cool as hell), but if stuff is falling down, imagine what's happening to your tiny hair cells in your ear.

I had my RK combo all the way up last weekend... my ears were ringing for three days after... :p

Elpelotero said:
Enjoy it but watch your hearing! I have cranked my 4x12 in my bedroom or even back yard many times back home and each time my hearing falls off a bit. I recommend standing behind it, to the side of it, outside the room, etc. Stuff will fall off the shelves (and it's cool as hell), but if stuff is falling down, imagine what's happening to your tiny hair cells in your ear.

Yes this. Most guitarists play by ear anyhow so you gotta protect them. I find even with a 1 x 12 that in a small room, the ears can get pretty fatigued VERY fast.

Recto cabs are fun though. Nothing sounds quite as full, thick, and meaty as a 4 x 12, once it's cranked that is. I make due with my 2 x 12 and 1 x 12 but back in the day, I had a slant rectocab with the diamond plate side armour. Nothing was as awesome as that!!!

Latest posts

Back