Isolation Box/Booth

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interrogate

Reaction score
Hey all, recently i`ve started recording my guitar at home for lying down riff/song ideas. I`m using a thd hot plate with a solo 50 rectifier head into a rectifier cab which is miced with a sm57 . Thing is i would like to be able to crank the amp a little more without enoying the family anymore than i already am lol so was thinking about maybe building some sort of isolation box/cuboard. I`ve come across pics on the net of guys that have used an old closest in there house, but for me i`d have to build mine from scratch. I`m a joiner/carpenter by trade so i`ll be able to get materials from work plus do all the work myself. I was wondering has anyone on here ever made a isolation box/booth for recording guitar, and if so how much bigger dose the box/booth have to be bigger than the cab? Do u think it would be worth while building? Any advice or other ideas welcome, thanks in advance for any advice with this.

Or build a single speaker isolation cab. The one's I've seen are essentially 1/4 of a half-stack in the back, and a goose-neck mic in front, with a latched cover that opens to allow you to change mic placement.

i've never seen a homemade iso cab, that was worth the cost....

maybe somebody who's a pro woodworker, with skills and tools, could do it..

but mostly, they just rattle.

If this guy is an experienced cabinet maker/ carpenter, as he says, he should be able to build it rattle free.

well, i'm thinking about selling my demeter cab, if your interested, PM me.

thanks for the advice guys, i mite have a go at biulding one. Found all the parts i`d need online so i can get my materials from were i work at, and if it do`snt work out then i`ll look into buying one, thanks again.

Latest posts

Back