Is your triaxis set up noisy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaxNelson

Reaction score
My triaxis and 2:90 set up seems like it's abnormally noisy. Even when I have the volume off on my guitar it's loud. I have to change channels to not have an annoying hum in the background to talk to the band in between songs. I called mesa and they said it shouldn't really be louder than other amps... so I sent it in (this is after re-tubing everything in both units). When I got it back it was quiet. Then after a day of practice, I was right back where I started. Plus I'm getting some new funkyness - I was messing around in LD2 ORG and the mid control was doing nothing! I am going to call mesa and get it looked at again... I was wondering if any of you had similar issues. Or is the triaxis just a little noisy in general, despite what mesa told me?

The Triaxis should be relatively quiet. What you may be experiencing is ground loop hum.

When you received the unit back from Mesa and it was quiet, did you not have it in a rack? And when it was noisey, had you mounted it back into your rack or was its chassis touching any metal that was grounded (i.e. another rack unit or rack rails)? Try using the triaxis and 2:90 out of a rack and not touching to see if the noise goes away. If it comes back when you put it in a rack, you most likely have a ground loop problem.

To remedy the issue, try lifting the ground on the Triaxis. If that doesn't work, there are some other options such as isolating the triaxis from the rack rails etc.

Another possibility is a broken shield on one of your patch cables.

Latest posts

Back