Is this trade fair?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_love6977

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to trade my '97 2 channel Dual Rectifier for a green stripe Mark III w/ Simul-class and EQ. My DR has 4 or 5 cigarette burns on the top, so it's not in mint condition, though it's in good mechanical shape w/ new tubes. Is this trade even, or should I expect something else on his end?

Those are two totally different sounding amps. Have you had a chance to play this amp, or any other MkIII. If not, I'll suggest that you do so before trading. Just to make sure that you like the Mark series tone. Money or value means nothing if you hate the tone. :shock:

JOEY B. said:
Those are two totally different sounding amps. Have you had a chance to play this amp, or any other MkIII. If not, I'll suggest that you do so before trading. Just to make sure that you like the Mark series tone. Money or value means nothing if you hate the tone. :shock:

I played one a while ago, but didn't have the time to dial in a really great tone. I did ask for some clips from quite a few MkIII users over on the HCAF, and was reaallllyyy happy with what they came up with. It's got a good chunky rhythm, and I loved the lead tone, so it's definitely sparked my interest. I know about the shared EQ, and I can live with that, as I A/B between another amp for cleans.

You're losing out a bit.

A loaded green stripe head is going for $850-$900, absolute max, and the 2chDR is probably closer to $1K-$1100.

Then again, if the guy's local and you can just do a straight-up trade, you are saving yourself the hassle of trying to sell your amp, maybe packing it and shipping it... I'd probably do the straight trade, myself, but I put a pretty high dollar value on my time.

well his 2ch DR does have the burn marks, so that alone is worth knocking off some money. The Green Stripe is a great Mark3 and is one of the stripes I'd shoot for. It will sound a lot tighter than the Recto and won't have that deep growl. It's just a straight up rip your face off tight gain.

speaking in a non-financial sense, I'd say go for it, if you decide you want the recto back they are easy to find. The green is definitely the "heaviest" MkIII (which is saying something.)

Latest posts

Back