Is there bleeding on 2ch Dual rectifier fx loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Lonerock

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'd like to know if there is bleeding on the 2 ch fx loop.
I mean when loop mix is at 100%, and then you put a vol pedal in the loop,
when the pedal is off, do you still hear a amound of sound like the 3ch dual rectos?

regards,
Chris

It's not 100%, it's 90%! Your hearing the un-affected tone! A volume pedal does not belong in an effects loop anyways! Should be in front!

jbird said:
It's not 100%, it's 90%! Your hearing the un-affected tone! A volume pedal does not belong in an effects loop anyways! Should be in front!

There is a reason for putting a volume pedal in the loop and a reason for putting in front of the amp.

* In the loop doesn't affect the preamp saturation, it keeps the saturation level the same but works as volume only without adding or taking away any preamp saturation/overdrive. This way works evenly well on clean and distortion channels.

* In front of the amp works just like the volume knob on your guitar and lets you cut or push the signal going to the preamp. This also can work as a volume control, but it also affects the tone and doesn't work equally on the clean vs the dirty channels.

Example: If you lower the volume pedal while going in front of the amp on the dirtiest channel you have, it will clean the channel up.... If it's in the loop it will just make it a lower volume but same level of distortion. The bad part of using a volume pedal in the loop is it is harder to use FX, unless you run the FX before the volume pedal.

Thats my expierence with the difference in loop vs in front of the amp.

the other fact is that I use a CAE 3+ preamp too so I need to get the whole signal from the head, it goes thru a looper that choses which signal from the preamp or the head that will go to my line mixer that feeds the effects racks.
and the fx line mixer out should return to the rectifier power amp section.

That why I definately need a SERIAL loop without bleeding.

Latest posts

Back