is there anyway i can turn my mk iv's reverb on and off...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the answer to your question. However, the reverb on my MK IV is so subtle that I go between having it on 10 and having it on 1. The difference is very slight. I have a 1x12 widebody combo - does the reverb have more depth (effect) with the head / cab version?

really...there isn't any difference in sound compareing the two...i found putting a 12at7 in the reverb pre tube made a difference..it made its cleans reverb nice and sweet and rhy2 and lead had no reverb well i couldn't hear any...i use my mesa with eather a 1x12 cab or a 4x12 no real differece to.. do you have a A or a B

Boogiebabies said:
On the right rear you should have a jack for a tip to ground footswith jack.
Any single button footswitch should work.

there is one under next to the transformer..is that the one your talking about..?

The A's reverb send and return should be a 12AT7.
I have a MK IV B. It uses a 12AX7 shared with the lead circuit like
the IIC+. The MK IV A deviated from the norm on this one detail.

Yes!

http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140&highlight=

also I've used both a 12ax7 and 12at7 in the reverb slot in my Mark IV A and they both work. I like the sound of the 12at7 better, it's a little softer and smoother. The 12ax7 seemed to make the verb a little more present.

There should be six input jacks on the right rear of the amp for switches.
They should also be labeled.

If it is not there, it is just above and to the right of the Reverb knob on the back. That's where it is on the B. I have not seen an A in years.
It should be labeled Rev. FTSW.

Boogiebabies said:
There should be six input jacks on the right rear of the amp for switches.
They should also be labeled.

If it is not there, it is just above and to the right of the Reverb knob on the back. That's where it is on the B. I have not seen an A in years.
It should be labeled Rev. FTSW.

The A, at least mine and others I've seen, doesn't have a reverb switch jack built in.

Try turning the Reverb knob on the back to 0.

It seems to remove the reverb on mine. I found no difference when I had my reverb tank not installed and when it was on 0. In addition to this, I found no difference between not having a tube in the reverb socket and having the reverb knob on 0. I am assuming that the knob on 0 removes it as did the other scenarios listed above.

With the reverb on Rhy1 it is nice but on Rhy2 and Lead it tends to disappear anyway with any considerable amount of gain. I tend to not use Rhy2 so that doesn't bother me. Also my Lead has a lot of gain and I am not changing that so I just don't care about not getting reverb in Lead either.

Your jack next to the transformer under the chassis is supposed to be the satellite send. Though it is confusing why it says REMOTE with an arrow pointing down under the Graphic EQ selector switch. I have yet to try to connect to a SimulSatellite so I cannot verify that one. I haven't tried attaching a footswitch there either though.

Shep said:
really so there is no way to turn the reverb on and off...

There is but you need a foot switch with an RCA connector and an RCA splitter jack.

Read the thread I linked to above.
This works great on my Mark IV A and the instructions came from a phone call with Petaluma.

This is sad.

The MK IVA schematic does not have a jack to turn the reverb off. The signal to ground is on the circuit board. The only difference in the B is that the signal to ground to turn the reverb on and off goes through the jack.

thanks ..if anyone wants to fix this problem READ THAT LINK!!

i am going to try it straigh away...

THANKS MARKLYN!!!

Tom

( this is the happiess day of my life ) lol..

so to turn the reverb off wat state is the switch in....eg...does the reverb work with the switch on (the ground is touching the tip) or off the ground is not touching the tip..?

Back