Is there a resale market for the Mark IVb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Fever

Reaction score
I just bought a Stiletto Ace and now am thinking I want to see my 2007 Mark IV Widebody Combo.

I do not see many on ebay or the classifieds here. Is that because there is little interest, or everyone who has one is happy with it and holding on to it?

Thoughts?

There have been a bunch of Mark IV's for sale recently. I just bought a Mark IVb last month and have been tracking the prices for a while. Honestly, prices are all over the place. I've seen everything from $1000 to $1500 for a stock mark iv in good condition or better. The average seems to be $1200 or so. The heads appear to have higher resale value than the combos. I haven't seen much price difference between the "a" or "b" versions.

Most of the lower ones have been someone trying to unload them quickly on Craigslist or this board.

Either way they seem to be selling just fine. That's a lot of amp for the $$$!

Just my observations while shopping. I'm certainly no expert.

I just paid $1200 for an early IVB ('94) including shipping, and the amp was in great shape. bought it here.

i paid 1300$ for a mint late 90s mark IVb long head around 3 months ago..at that time, i saw them going for 1200-1600$ depending on the year/condition...so the answer is yes i think.

I just bought a Mark IVb today. I had to buy "sight unseen" because I have been having trouble finding one in good-excellent condition. I would say the market for the Mark IV is strong. I have been looking to buy one for the last 9 months, and they seem to sell in about 3 weeks.

I got my "A" combo for $1,000.00 but I got it thru a friend forom a Music store here in Boston.
Display price was set at $1,400.00. (it's in very good condition)

I wouldnt part with mine for less than $1600 or $1700. But its a 2008 model that sits in my studio under its dust cover and is in factory new condition.

I really appreciate the input.

I think I am going to give it a shot at least in the classifieds here. I hate selling stuff and usually give my older things to friends, but this is too new and too valuable to do that.

I'm going to get some pictures together and figure out what I need to know to list and sell without looking like the inexperienced seller I am.

If anyone has any interest, shoot me a personal e-mail and I'll give you the particulars. I am going to start at $1700.00 and maybe drop as far as $1500.00 if that is where the market takes it. Anything below that, I'll just keep it.

The prices are all over but if yo can get one for $1200 to $1400 you would be wise to snag it. When the MK IV came out everyone was in panic mode and dumping them. Now I've seen posts looking for them. I have a earlier B with wicker grill and maple cab and wouldn't part with it! I also think the value will go up a little over the next 5 years.

Resale value aside, the tone and versatility of the mark iv is worth much more than the current market value of this amp. That is a players opinion. :wink:

Latest posts

Back