Is my Warranty still valid?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6002

Reaction score
I bought a totally brand new Mesa Nomad 55 head with a 1x12 widebody cab. I didn't get it from a store, I bought it from someone who owned it, but never used it. The head still has all of the original tags, and written documentation. However, the amp is from 2000. What I wanted to know is, is my warranty still valid? The warranty form isn't written on.

Thanks in advance.

(This is my first Mesa amp, well, my first TUBE amp. I really have to say, I'm totally digging the tone! This is also my first post here :D .)

Mesa FTW!

I doubt it. The warranty would start from the initial purchase date and be good for 5 years. Being it was sold in 2000 and it is now 2007 it is a little late to be thinking about warranties.

Russ said:
I doubt it. The warranty would start from the initial purchase date and be good for 5 years. Being it was sold in 2000 and it is now 2007 it is a little late to be thinking about warranties.

+1.. original owner never filled out warranty card?

Either way, as Russ said, it's 5 years from purchase date. Welcome to the board though!

Platypus said:

Either way, as Russ said, it's 5 years from purchase date. Welcome to the board though!

No, I guess not. Yea, it makes sense. Thanks!

Sorry I didn't notice your newbish status in my reply. Welcome to the board.

Mario8672 said:
Platypus said:

No, I guess not. Yea, it makes sense. Thanks!

You should post some pictures of your setup in the rigs/tones forum

I don't even know if that is a word. :roll:

Welcome again, sorry if you took offense to that. I didn't mean it pejoratively. It just kind of came out in a matter of fact kind of way. I so didn't mean to imply anything by it.

Russ said:
I don't even know if that is a word. :roll:

Welcome again, sorry if you took offense to that. I didn't mean it pejoratively. It just kind of came out in a matter of fact kind of way. I so didn't mean to imply anything by it.

Haha, no, it's fine, man. No offence taken :D

Ok, cool. I would hate to offend one of our neighbors to the north, eh. I mean you guys take enough heat. Well maybe not literally. I am so just messing with you now. Sorry, I just had a long day in the sun. I can only imagine how you guys in Canada feel in the summer with all nighters or rather all dayers/summers. Woops! I better quit while I am ahead. Welcome to the board again... eh! :lol:

Actually in 2000 it was a 2 year warrenty, they did not start offering the 5 year warrenty till 2005 i believe.

Russ said:

Ok sorry. I was mistaken. But his warranty is far out of date anyway.

Most people do not know that unless you have owned a mesa back then. I just happened to get one of the first year 3 channel dual recto's, so i know that they only offered two years back then. **** i miss that amp.

Russ said:
Ok sorry. I was mistaken. But his warranty is far out of date anyway.

I guess it was even further out than I had originally thought.

Actually you are right there in that I didn't buy a Mesa back in 2000. I was still offing my rack gear and playing classic amps. At the time I didn't care about warranties because nothing I was playing had one, except my LP that is still under lifetime warranty though I will never need it. In 2000 I was looking to get back to the classic organic tone. I missed a minimal setup too. My JMP was already 23 years old and functioning perfectly. A two year Mesa warranty didn't really matter enough to take note of. I had played a few Mark IV's in the early 90's but at the time didn't care about the warranty and in 2000 I didn't need the versatility or complexity of the amp while trying to simplify. When I decided that I wanted a Mesa they had already switched to the 5 year warranty and so I just assumed that they had always been. I think that warranties on Mesa's are more of a piece of mind thrown in extra that don't get used. Most good amps will never be sent back to their manufacturers for warranty service. Some might send them back for major maintenance after years of service but that is about the only reason I could see an amp needing to go back to a manufacturer.

If you miss that amp go get another one. They are still making them and they are all over the place used too.

Back