is my amp messed up?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prymo

Reaction score
I recently noticed on my 2003 Dual Rectifier solo head that all the tubes were gloing on the amp when in standby, but when i switched standby off only 3 of the power tubes had that blue glow from the voltage hitting them.

I thought the 1st tube was dead because of this. so i went and bought a quartet of tubes and retubed today. But the same thing is happening. Only 3 of the tubes are glowing blue from full voltage.

Should i be worried about this, or am i freaking out about nothing?
the tube jack in question is the 1st power tube on the near the output transformer.

is there something wrong with the amp, a simple fix, or will if be costly.
what do you guys think.

btw the thing sounded great! im just worried that im not getting 100% of the power. and the ohmage will be messed up.

id reccomend replacing your rectifier tubes as well.
couldnt hurt. however, talk to mesa directly and find out what
they have to say.

it turns out it was a screen resistor, i think it blew before i got the amp.
but man that thing melted down pretty good. i cant wait to hear the amp with full power.

Prymo said:
it turns out it was a screen resistor, i think it blew before i got the amp.
but man that thing melted down pretty good. i cant wait to hear the amp with full power.

Are you sending it back to mesa thru the dealer or direct?

im not sending it back, i have a guy that lives near me that works on electronics for a living, and he said it was a simple fix. so he is doin it for me.

Latest posts

Back