Is it safe to pull two power tubes from Nomad 45?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexed73

Reaction score
Is it safe to pull two power tubes from Nomad 45? Should I plug my 8ohm speakers into the 4ohm spot? Is it safe even with amp on extreme setting?

Before answering if it's safe or not, what are you trying to achieve by removing tubes? It does'nt sound as good, and it really is'nt any quieter!

If the amp uses 4 output tubes then yes you should be able to pull the two outer or two inner tubes to reduce the power by half. I am not sure if the output tubes are wired in series or parallel so it may or may not work. You are correct in that you must reduce the impedance by half.

Well I was hopeing that by removeing two tubes I could turn it up just a bit more at home. This thing is super loud and if you turn it down to 1 or below you lose the EQ or something. If it could be bumped up to 1 or above sounds like it should. Would an attenuator do this for me or do I just need a litlle SS combo for practice.

Back