Is it possible... ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robredo_mattila

Reaction score
My Mark III purple stripe short head runs on 117 volts but I want it to run on 230v so I don't have to use a step-down transformer. I know some boogie's were shipped with an 'export' transformer, and some had voltage selection on the back (saw it on the back of a friends MK IIC+) mine obviously doesn't have the voltage selection.

Is there any chance I could simply rewire the transformer and it would run on 230volts? or do I need to buy a new one? The fan is plugged into it as well, so I'm guessing I'll need a new fan that runs on 230volts as well?

Sorry for the noob questions!

-Rob

I think you will need a step down transformer, but I have always wondered about the sticker on some mark III's and IV's that says "wired for 117 Volts" If they can be rewired to 230 Volts.
Anyone knows anything about it?

Tony

I'm not sure if M/B has them, but I know some companies spec a x-former that has winding for both. Where the amp goes determines what windings get hooked up. I worked for Halfler (ROFO) for a while, and their (studio/PA) amps had both sets of windings, though it ws also set up on a switch to easily change between the two.

robredo_mattila said:
My Mark III purple stripe short head runs on 117 volts but I want it to run on 230v so I don't have to use a step-down transformer. I know some boogie's were shipped with an 'export' transformer, and some had voltage selection on the back (saw it on the back of a friends MK IIC+) mine obviously doesn't have the voltage selection.

Is there any chance I could simply rewire the transformer and it would run on 230volts? or do I need to buy a new one? The fan is plugged into it as well, so I'm guessing I'll need a new fan that runs on 230volts as well?

Sorry for the noob questions!

-Rob

Not sure about your main question, but my MKIV is a 230v model and the fan has a sticker on it that says 117v !!!??

Here are the transformers and chokes for my amp, if it helps? anyone?

MESA ENG.
SIMUL-CLASS
EIA606-629

MESA
EIA606-619

MESA 550185
EIA606--608

MESA
EIA606-642

The 561100 (old Mk. 2 tranny) seems to be the same used worldwide, does this mean it can be re-wired or were there 2 different versions of the same transformer? one for 110-120v and 220-240v?

*Edit*

The 561100 trannie is for Domestic USA only & Can't run on 230v. However I've found someone who can rewind the PT and run it on 230 which would be good. Somebody stop me from doing this if it's not a good idea? (I'm not worried about resale value)

You can always go this route.
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_46&products_id=98

Latest posts

Back