Is Extreme a Mark IV mode on the Mark V ???, tubes, etc.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen sawall

Reaction score
I was looking at the Mesa Mark V pages and noticed more than a few changes. Most of them are on this page. ....... "The Full Story".

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/mark5/mark5.html

:idea: :?: :arrow:
6L6
KT66
EL34
KT77
6CA7
6V6 (tweed mode)
EL84 (yellow jacket)

What did I forget ?
Well anything else work in a V ?

:mrgreen:

I fail to see any mention of tubes other than the El34 / 6l6 combos. THere is a nice photo of the rear now though :)

The tubes Q was separate of the updates on the web site.
There was a lot of updates on the web site about the Mark V from when it was put up last month.

I know all of the tubes I listed well work.
I was wondering if anyone knew of others ?

Is extreme a Mark IV sound ???.....

http://www.mesaboogie.com/catalog/index.htm

Look at this ....

Click here to download the
2009 New Product Introduction
Brochure (3.63mb)

It was in the Premier Guitar video that "Extreme" was Mark IV with the Presence all the way up.

S-

Koadogg said:
It was in the Premier Guitar video that "Extreme" was Mark IV with the Presence all the way up.
I thought he said aggressive was the MarkIV lead with the presence pushed in. maybe all the way up too?

kiff said:
Koadogg said:
I thought he said aggressive was the MarkIV lead with the presence pushed in. maybe all the way up too?

he did say pushed in... because man all the way up would be like taking an ice pick to the brain.

jdurso said:
he did say pushed in... because man all the way up would be like taking an ice pick to the brain.
for sure! I have mine pushed in and all the way down

From the link I put up .....

"Channel 3 is the highest gain and pays tribute to the fabled MARK II C+,the MARK IV and the MARK IV's super popular EXTREME setting".

No new sound here ....

Ok guys...
I think that the setting could highly depend on the guitar and the pickup you are using...
Don't you think???

The cabs, speakers and how the EQ is set as with what else was said all change how I use the presence. Most of the time 5 or less but I have found sounds were 8/9 sound right.

jdurso said:
kiff said:
Koadogg said:

The presence is right on the amp and you can put it any place that works for you.

I back down that range with the knob or 5 band ~ it's just a different sound.

jdurso said:
kiff said:
Koadogg said:

Doesn't the Mark IV manual say that, with the presence pushed in, the presence control gets less sensitive to the setting?

I run the presence pushed at 8...

I play skatepunk and need a lot of punch. I compensate with the EQ (2200 and 6600 both just below the middle), sounds pretty ok. It's so tight and punchy that I run the gain at 7 (pulled) and the drive at 5 (pushed). In the past I had both at 7 or 8.

For leads I would turn it down a bit. But for rythm it loses tightness, punch and when pulled it gets fizzy as hell. I'm after a sound like Pennywise on Full Circle or Land of the Free, if someone here knows those records.

Latest posts

Back