Integrated Quad KT88 & KT66's - Pair of JJ GZ34 - 5 ECC83's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhorse

Reaction score
http://imageevent.com/alaskankanaka/dualrectifiertubechange

I used the last set down on this page:

https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=6&sub_category_id=29

And the pair at the top of this page:

https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_submenu&category_id=4

Really brought the amp to life on both rectifier and normal modes.

I just bought the same set, with the exception of mine having 4 KT-66's!
They should be here today.

I get great prices on tubes from my distributors, but I really wanted to experiment and try something different with my Recto.

I've been using the JJ KT77s for about a year and a half now and they really sound awesome in the Roadster. I actually just placed an order for a pair of GZ34s from eurotubes as i have heard good things about them. i hate the stock recto tubes thus i never use them, i'm hoping the GZ34s have a little better definition to them and not sound flubby.

jdurso said:
I've been using the JJ KT77s for about a year and a half now and they really sound awesome in the Roadster. I actually just placed an order for a pair of GZ34s from eurotubes as i have heard good things about them. i hate the stock recto tubes thus i never use them, i'm hoping the GZ34s have a little better definition to them and not sound flubby.

Oh yeah you're gonna love the GZ34's :twisted:

echoes420 said:
The GZ34's are amazing! They put the Mesa rec tubes to absolute shame!

Thats what i keep hearing and i know there are tones i have yet to wield out of the roadster due to my distaste for the stock mesa recto tubes.

All the tubes are terrific but the GZ34's is fantastic value for what you get out of them.

So i got the GZ34s today and WOW!!! What a difference. On channel 3 vintage the amp plays more like a classic lead type amp... the distortion plays a little smoother and extra sag seems to make everything a little more lively. Makes me wonder what other vacuum tubes might sound like in the Roadster :twisted:

One little snag I've noticed is that in Channel 2 Fat, the signal seems to overload my axe-fx causing some digital clipping. I can lower the input level on the Axe-fx or the output level on the Roadster's fx loop but then i get a level mismatch when using a channel with diodes compared to vacuum tubes. Any reason why the signal gets so strong with the vacuum tubes?

on a related note, i run my 7 y.o dual rec with a 12at7 in V1, and with 2 el34s and 2 6v6 via eurotubes, through a 2x12 with greenbacks

its sounds awesome, and only minimally like a "rec"... channels 1 barely breaks up, and channel 3 is AC/DC clean crunch

tubes makes a big difference....

different tube types make a huge difference

geddyentwistle said:
on a related note, i run my 7 y.o dual rec with a 12at7 in V1, and with 2 el34s and 2 6v6 via eurotubes, through a 2x12 with greenbacks

its sounds awesome, and only minimally like a "rec"... channels 1 barely breaks up, and channel 3 is AC/DC clean crunch

tubes makes a big difference....

different tube types make a huge difference

Agreed especially in the preamp.. I have a Sylvania short plate in V1 and a Siemens Long Plat in V2 and it brinsg the amp to a different planet. Still a recto but a very refined, sofisticated Recto :D

Latest posts

Back