Instrument cable options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctc

Reaction score
I just bought my first tube amp [MKV] in many years, and while I am counting the hours until it arrives I am reading about the dizzying array of instrument cable options and how some of their manufacturers claim to not color your tone by using fancy designs and expensive materials, while others say none of that really matters.

I anticipate running a 10 foot cord between my San Dimas Charvel Strat 1982 and Fulltone Clyde Wah standard, and a 15 foot cord between the Wah and the amp.

I will be running and Eventide Timefactor in the amps effects loop and plan on using a pair of 1.5 foot send and receive chords. [The MKV manual recommends keeping these chords as short as possible.] [I plan on using a remote 3-button auxiliary switch and an expression pedal, perhaps a midi controller later.]

Most of my playing will be jamming in quiet environments or recording, occasionally I will play a gig in a noisier environment. I would like to buy the best quality, and preferably American-made, chords that I can afford, however I don't want to throw money away on a fancy sales job. So I'm reading about George L's, Mogami, and Evidence Audio cables. Can anyone share with me their experience with these or any other good quality chords?

Latest posts

Back