important purchase question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
Hey guys i was going to buy a mark iv to go along with my roadkingII but the two places that sell boogie in my state say to wait!!!!! One of them said that a new mark was indeed coming out and his rep told him not to order any more mark iv's after febuary 1st. The other one told me when he submitted his order last week he we told to not order the mark iv that something better was coming!!! One of you has to know something, speak up so i dont waste over two grand on a amp that has a replacement coming out. Any help would be appreciated.

nathan28 said:
Hey guys i was going to buy a mark iv to go along with my roadkingII but the two places that sell boogie in my state say to wait!!!!! One of them said that a new mark was indeed coming out and his rep told him not to order any more mark iv's after febuary 1st. The other one told me when he submitted his order last week he we told to not order the mark iv that something better was coming!!!

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=19827&highlight=future+series

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=20175&highlight=mark

Hmmm........ :twisted: :shock:

haven't heard anything from my rep to that effect. and i'm a junkie. we waste each other's time weekly.

I ordered my new custom Mark IV two weeks ago, and my rep made no mention of any new Mark series amps. The only things he did mention were price increases and the Express amp with a 12" speaker. Personally, I am not interested in anything beyond the Mark IV. The IV is all the amp I will ever need from a performance standpoint. Just for the sake of novelty, a IIC+ reissue would be fun, but I am not holding my breath on that one.

well i know the mkiv is good, i dont know anything about the new amp. besides, newer isnt always better. its usually worse...

New design almost always means new bugs to be discovered, I make it a rule never to buy anything new that hasn't been out at least a year. Take the Stiletto, Lonestar, and Road King for example. And if something does take the place of the Mark IV, just order the IV with a wood shell, as soon as they are discontinued (if ever) it will probably eventually be worth more than they cost new right now.

Latest posts

Back