I'm so angry at myself!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I had a killer sounding Mark III blue stripe a while back that I sold for a Tremoverb. Huge mistake. :( I miss my Mark III deeply. I'd feel dumb if I sold my Tremoverb and went back down to a Mark III, but I really want one again. How different sounding are Mark IV's? Are they more compressed than a Mark III? The thing I loved (and currently miss) about the Mark III was that it was very raw and organic sounding. But I also remember not being able to get the clean channel to stay clean. Also, it doesn't help that I just found out that one of my favorite tones, Al Di Meola's tone on Red Moon, was recorded with a Mark III. :(

Someone help. :cry:

gts said:
Kiss My Axe said:
I just found out that one of my favorite tones, Al Di Meola's tone on Red Moon, was recorded with a Mark III.

Al and RTF were amazing last night in Boston!!! :D

I bet they were! :wink: What amp was he using?

Kiss My Axe said:
gts said:
Kiss My Axe said:
I just found out that one of my favorite tones, Al Di Meola's tone on Red Moon, was recorded with a Mark III.

Al and RTF were amazing last night in Boston!!! :D

I bet they were! :wink: What amp was he using?

Al's running a modified Fuchs Overdrive Supreme and modified Lonestar.

Get this:

He runs the Lonestar is behind the Fuchs on top of a closed-back 212.

The Mesa 212 is only HALF way behind the Fuchs. So one of the speakers from the Mesa is shooting right into the back of the Fuchs open-back cab, which is miked in front.

His tech calls it 'compression driving' and it adds compression and sustain.

There's a green stripe head for sale on the board as we speak, bro... do it... do it...

edit: whups, it's gone, unsurprisingly :lol:

Back