I'm in heaven !!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoads

Reaction score
Hi guys ! i received my new Mark III today ! and when i tell you NEW ! it's new ! I never saw a Mark III in mint condition like this ! and it sounds like a beast... it's a Mark III Red Stripe original , no mod done on it . Have got the 3 footswitch , the original owner manual, EV Speakers and a Roadcase for 900$ . 900$ for a Mark III Red stripe with all thing i said before here in Canada it's a very good price . I play 3 hours with and at my ear it sounds better than my Mark IV , more RAW, more in your face . but i try it as a combo , now it time for the real test ... the 4/12 ha ha ha ! I tell you more after. i'm in heaven...

DSCN0058.jpg
[/img]
DSCN0059.jpg
[/img]
DSCN0053.jpg
[/img]
DSCN0045.jpg
[/img]

i don't know if you can see the picture but folow the link !

Score!!

Enjoy and have a blast with it. Don't forget the R2 mod!

So the test is done with my 4/12 between this two amp ! AND THE WINNER IS ... BOTH ! :)
It's hard to chose the best amp betwen Mark III and Mark IV ! each amp have there own sound . I'm a Boogie lover for a long time and i like the Boogie crunch and both amp have the best crunch on earth ! but the Mark IV are more compresed and the Mark III are more Big ! the sound of the Mark III are more like the Mid 80's and i love it but i need a moderne sound for what i'm doing now ! so i'm gonna keep them one for the rythme and the other one for the Lead !

it was my review for this two amp and it's my own oppinion take it or leave it. :lol:
and sorry for my poor english :lol:

Fair Dinkum that's a clean machine!
I can't believe there's no corrosion anywhere!
And the earth strap off the preamp board look brand new also.
I'd have expected the cable ties to yellow off a little after 30yrs though..

Very happy for U, may U and two Mk's live happily ever after...LOL

Thank McBarry ! i'm very proud to have found this amp in that condition, no rust on the parts or scratch on the tolex , nothing , exept for the AC power on the back are removed ???

Man, was that stored in a time capsule??!! That thing is stunningly mint. I've taken very good care of mine, but between the cats puking on it and 20+ years of gigging, it doesn't still have that "new amp" look...or smell. :shock: Congrats on a great find. 8)

that's what i have thinking, when i saw the amp ! it came from another time :lol: . I have buy the amp from an old man .
When i have speak to him on the phone about the amp. i ask him what kind of stripe it is? if they make some modification on it ? but he can't gave me an answer about nothing. :roll:
All he said was " i have use the amp for the clean sound and i have change the tube one time a few years ago. "
Thats why i buy this amp without see and try it . I gave the cash to my brother and he brings me the amp two days after. So have got a big surprise when i saw the amp in that condition ! :D
And i beleive him when he said he have change the tube few years ago, because i have Mesa/Boogie 6L6Gc str-454 inside the amp.

It's work cool !
I know i'm crazy but i get this tattoo a few years ago and i don't regret it ! :twisted:
the mesa team tell me than i'm the most craziest guys in the world ! :lol:
Boogie in my Blood for the rest of my life :lol:

This picture was taken last weekend , MarkIII combo, Mark IV combo and Mark III Head 60 Watts no EQ. And all sounds great.
Poor quality from my Iphone sorry !

BoogieTime.jpg

Latest posts

Back