I'm going to be a member of the mesa family! (soon)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exposeenmity said:
I just bought this series two Rect-O-Verb off the bay for $900; includes shipping. I've been trying to snag one off ebay for a while, but was never able to; until now :twisted:

Congratulations! An awsome amp...

TheRazMeister said:
Good news bad news....Good - YOU OWN A RECTOVERB 8) Bad news is that it's advertised as a series 2 but looks like a series 1 in the picture...

exposeenmity said:
I just bought this series two Rect-O-Verb off the bay for $900; includes shipping. I've been trying to snag one off ebay for a while, but was never able to; until now :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...1&from=R8&satitle=7388559792&category0=&fvi=1

Yeah, it's a series I.

exposeenmity said:
Yeah, it's a series I.

Oh man, that is seriously misrepresented. I'd definately talk to the seller - maybe he'll let you back out.

The primary differences are:
Reverb knobs in the front
Raw mode in channel 2
ability to use El34 OR 6L6's with a bias switch in the back.
Sound wise, I owned both and was happy with the Series 1 before I got the 2. MIne had some issues, like a completely non-existant reverb, but other than that I loved the tone.

no soul said:
yeah, that looks like a series1, but so what?

Its still a sweet amp, they arent THAT different from the 2nd one, but hey if its not what you wanted...

Yeah, the part on the auction "2 Channels, 5 Modes (Channel 1=Clean or Pushed, Channel 2=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)" led me to believe that it was a series II. The seller said that he just copied it from Mesa's website. I'm wanting a series II for the choice to switch between el34's and 6l6's. I told him that if he refunds my money, I'd pay for his listing fee for the mix up. We'll see what he says. I know, I shouldn't have jumped the gun like I did, that's the first and last time I'll be doing that. :x

EXPO, don't blame yourself....Since I've owned both, I know that the Series 1 has 2 rows of 6 knobs and 2 to the right, while the Series II has 7 and 2. I've caught that error at least 2 times and similar errors in the Vox AD60VTX amps, which are a major upgrade to the AD60VT's (closed back with special Celestions)
Check with Ebay, I think they allow for re-listing in cases of mis-communication...

exposeenmity said:
Yeah, the part on the auction "2 Channels, 5 Modes (Channel 1=Clean or Pushed, Channel 2=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)" led me to believe that it was a series II. The seller said that he just copied it from Mesa's website. I'm wanting a series II for the choice to switch between el34's and 6l6's. I told him that if he refunds my money, I'd pay for his listing fee for the mix up. We'll see what he says. I know, I shouldn't have jumped the gun like I did, that's the first and last time I'll be doing that. :x

Well, it's all cleared up, he refunded my money and apologized for the mixup. I just feel like such a moron for doing that. Oh well, won't happen again.

well, that means you're still no part of the family huh ?

Second best method :marry one who owns a mesa =)

serious, real bad luck you had there, lucky things straighten out well.

exposeenmity said:
Well, it's all cleared up, he refunded my money and apologized for the mixup. I just feel like such a moron for doing that. Oh well, won't happen again.

Don't sweat it - I've jumped the gun a few times on ebay. "That Buy it Now" is a SOB!

:lol: I'm a mess. I just bought a Mesa 50/50 power amp! Now I am officially apart of the Mesa group. I went for a rack setup, since the 50/50 has a low power switch that's 15 watts I went with it. I also got an Engl 530 preamp that gets here on March 7th. I've gotta wait for the 50/50 to get here, it hasn't been shipped yet.

Latest posts

Back