IIC - IIC+ Wood/Wicker Fully loaded

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy44

Reaction score
I have the chance to get a IIC that was upgraded to a C+ by Mike B. It's fully loaded and in excellent cond:
Hardwood/Wicker cab
Simul-Clas/EQ/Reverb/EV speaker/4 power tubes.
Serial #120xx.
What is a fair price for these IIC's that were fully modded to C+'s?
The front panel looks like it had the "pull shift" added above the bass knob.
It has the "+" on the back with Mike B's initials.

Any help on the value would be appreciated as I'm really not sure.

I've noticed the pricing can vary considerably. Motivated buyers will really bid up the price. About a month ago I saw a loaded upgraded C with new hardwood/wicker cabinet, leather Studio Slips cover, AND the orignal blonde combo cabinet go for around $2,400. It was a recent upgrade and in excellent condition. A guy just sold a head only, upgraded and "hotrodded" C without tubes. I know he wanted to get at least $2k, and accepted an offer during his third attempt to sell it.

I'd say $2k to $2,500 would be a reasonable range given recent auctions and the good condition of the amp you describe.

I would say: go for it!
A IIB upgraded to IIC+ by Mike Bendinelli is no different than an original IIC+. They swapped the PBC entirely so it is the same amp and sounds the same. If you ever send it to Mike for a clean up, you can also get a letter from Mike confirming that the upgraded one and the original are the same thing.

On top of that, it looks cooler with the silver top hat knobs (IIB) in my opinion in contrast with the totally black ones (IIC and III).

I have one of those. For some collectors, it is like an original IIC+. For some others, it is not.
I have some Boogies and I am not selling any of them so it really doesn't matter much to me what collectors say.
So it comes down to waht your intentions are with it.
regards

Here are some pics of the upgraded IIC+. I am amazed how awesome it sounds. I really didn't expect it to sound much better than my other IIB that has the effects level mod but clearly I was wrong. The C+ is a whole other amp for sure. I really am surprised because I thought my IIB was the best I had heard but not anymore. Just unreal!
The amp with the white tolex is my IIB with the effects level mod.
IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

Nice amps!!! Congratulations!!
Only one doubt I have... have you changed the knobs or both IIB's were very late IIB?
Thanks and regards

Thanks, yeah both amps had the newer style knobs when I got them. They are both late models in that run so they might have come this way from the factory but I have no idea. I actually like the way the newer knobs look so either way is fine with me.

Just got off the phone with Mike B. and I got the real details on this amp. Turns out it started life as a IIC, (serial #120xx). It was not upgraded in the 80's. It was modded to a "+" 2 years ago. Mike actually remembers the amp specifically and he had the serial # written down. Explains why the amp has the newer style knobs. He also said that my IIB is basically a "poor man's IIC+" because of the effects loop mod. To my ears though, the IIC+ has a vocal quality that is very apparent when A/B'ing these 2 amps. Both are awesome at any rate. I got the IIC+ for a very good price.

Latest posts

Back