• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

IIC+ Ebay alert

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
What do you experts think of this? It looks legit to me but seems pretty expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260668393935

Seems like a lot, unless you are dying for your first, hold out. The price will drop. But that's rolling the dice too... If it's what you want and can afford it get it

I mean I'm definitely getting one. I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger on this one.

Except I just bought the Mark V and I love it. Its a catch 22 because the Mark V has me completely sold on the Mark vibe and thereby gassing for a c+, yet I would have to sell the V to get the C! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Here's a noob question for you, are the two channels footswitchable?

Nazgul666 said:
I mean I'm definitely getting one. I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger on this one.

Except I just bought the Mark V and I love it. Its a catch 22 because the Mark V has me completely sold on the Mark vibe and thereby gassing for a c+, yet I would have to sell the V to get the C! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Here's a noob question for you, are the two channels footswitchable?

The 2 channels are footswitchable, however the clean channel tone has a direct affect on the lead channel, unlike your Mark V. If you read your Mark V manual, it will tell you that you have a C+ and 8 other amps in one box. :roll: The 60/100 Mark IIC+ is more bold and brash than the C+ mode on your Mark V. The price for the amp up for auction is high, but not completely unreasonable, considering the free shipping and such.

If you don't need a factory IIC+ you can always save about $500 for an upgrade... $1500-$2000 is fair price for an upgraded HRG IIC+ head. I'm far from knowing my stuff, but i just got my amp back from mesa... like new. better than new, because Mike B. at mesa will work his magic. Look for member DaveP... he always has great IIC+'s. seems like every 2 weeks he has another for sale.

As far as channel switching... you need "The Clapper". :lol: :lol: yes, if your amp you buy doesn't have a Foot switch, you can always find one on the net. Any 2 channel switch will do. Or get it from mesa, or payne labs for cheaper. There is a ton of info here... keep reading, as I'm sure you are.

scott

zodiac272 said:
If you don't need a factory IIC+ you can always save about $500 for an upgrade... $1500-$2000 is fair price for an upgraded HRG IIC+ head. I'm far from knowing my stuff, but i just got my amp back from mesa... like new. better than new, because Mike B. at mesa will work his magic. Look for member DaveP... he always has great IIC+'s. seems like every 2 weeks he has another for sale.

As far as channel switching... you need "The Clapper". :lol: :lol: yes, if your amp you buy doesn't have a Foot switch, you can always find one on the net. Any 2 channel switch will do. Or get it from mesa, or payne labs for cheaper. There is a ton of info here... keep reading, as I'm sure you are.

scott

I'm just looking at pictures of that amp on EBay and I don't see where you can plug in a footswitch?

Nazgul666 said:
zodiac272 said:

scott

I'm just looking at pictures of that amp on EBay and I don't see where you can plug in a footswitch?
Right on the front panel. Under the guitar input jack where it says "Footswitch". :lol:

ryjan said:
Nazgul666 said:
zodiac272 said:

scott

Right on the front panel. Under the guitar input jack where it says "Footswitch". :lol:

Oh geez, I was examining the back panel. :roll:

JOEY B. said:
The price for the amp up for auction is high, but not completely unreasonable, considering the free shipping and such.

After a second look at the auction, a price of $3000 shipped would put it more in line with the current market value. It does not have the Sylvania power tubes and of course it does not have the Simulclass option. The market price for these older amps has EVERYTHING to do with the amount of options that it comes with. This is not to say that the bare bones 60 watters have inferior tone, but that it's just a simple case of supply and demand.

200 for shipping? More like 100. 40 for the thiele and 60 for the Combo unless of course it's in a flight case. :D

It cost me 35 to ship a chassis to Mesa from the Chicago area. I didn't think they would actually double the rates but I guess they do.

Question for the pro's- I have a MK2C head from 1983. 100/60w, EQ, Rev (and original footswitch). Good condition (not mint but no abuse or tears). Tubes are not original and I have recently had all of the caps replaced (but kept all of the old ones). I am the second owner and have had it since 1989. I also have an empty thiel 1x12 from roughly the same era (but it has the Mesa/Boogie logo and not the older "boogie" logo like the amp). It is not a C+ but I think it can be upgraded pretty easily for a few hundred bucks. Any ideas on what this is worth? Thanks for your input.

probably $850-$1000 for a 100/60 mk IIC with rev and GEQ. The + upgrade is $400 to Mike B. plus about $150 to mesa for cleaning and upkeep. totally worth it. Get it done before Mike B. retires.

scott

Latest posts

Back